How can I fix the grainy appearance of my 3D model on my online store?

Artmeta
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello,

I'm facing an issue with the presentation of my 3D model on my online store. I've already reached out to Shopify support, but unfortunately, they couldn't assist me in resolving the problem. They redirected me to the theme developer who rightly claims that the 3D model visualization software is managed by Shopify, and they cannot make adjustments to it.

To get straight to the point, I'm in the process of setting up an e-commerce platform for selling reflective pictures. I've had my designer create .glb and .usdz files for my product, which I've uploaded to my shop. However, the visualization quality is subpar, and the image appears grainy. It's worth noting that the file size is 10 MB, and I've tried uploading over 100 variations (some heavier, some lighter), but the issue persists in all cases.

The peculiar aspect of this problem is that the picture frame is displayed correctly, although at a slightly lower resolution than in reality. The real problem arises with the reflective fabric, which experiences issues during loading.

I'm willing to share the source file with anyone who believes they can help me.

Additional details:

• The source file, both in the 3D modeling software (Blender) and in online .glb viewers, displays correctly and at the highest quality.
  • The reflective fabric is created as a texture.
Replies 3 (3)

negodium
4 0 0

Same!

How did you resolve it?

quadromoltobell
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello!
Unfortunately from Shopify I did not receive the support I needed to solve the problem. I also contacted the theme support but they also failed to help me (saying that the problem is with Shopify's 3D configurator). It is a shading-ombre-pattern-multiplication problem. It also affects texture resolutions.
I finally solved it by drastically decreasing the pattern resolution and now it works.

I guess there is not much to do but try, try and try hundreds of times to create lighter and lighter patterns and eventually it will work.

Davide

negodium
4 0 0

Thanks Davide!

A fiverr guy doing renders for Shopify couldn't fix it too, for now.

Will just try different versions.

Thanks man, for the hope 🙏