How can I open my responsive checkout from embedded Buy Now button cart at larger size

Guillaume_Voorv
2 0 0

Hi, I have an embedded Buy Now button / cart on my site which works well, but when the user clicks to checkout - the Shopify responsive checkout is launched at a very small window / pop-up size - I would like to be able to control the size at which this window opens to display the Shopfiy responsive checkout. How can I override the standard setting which opens it at 400px.

The main reason behind this is that we are using PayPal Express as the Payment Gateway and it uses a fixed width layout which means that at this small 400px window width half of the page is missing off the right hand side of the small pop-up window!

Thanks

Replies 2 (2)
Jordan_P
Shopify Staff
141 0 19

Hello there!

Jordan here from Shopify :)

I don't believe there's a way to increase the default size of the Buy Button's checkout pop-up window. However, the customer can increase the size of this window manually. 

Also, I just tried testing this in your shop - in both the checkout screen and PayPal's screen, I wasn't able to scroll left or right; it seemed to show me a responsive interface where all of my options were visible by scrolling up and down in the pop-up (see screenshot).

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

Cheers :)
Jordan

Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

Jordan | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

iBeFound
9 0 0

While you have no control over Shopify's popup checkout window, it is possible to have the Checkout page open up in the same tab / window instead of as a popup. 

Just add the following code to the header scripts (or footer scripts) section of your website.

<script data-shopify-buy-ui="">
window.open = function (open) {
return function (url, name, features) {
// Pass through non-shopify URLS
if (url.indexOf("myshopify") < 0) {
return open.call(window, url, name, features);
}
// Use current window
console.log("Redirecting to:", url);
window.location.href = url;
return null;
};