How can Reset my shopify account

Solved
karimala
2 0 0

Hello

I started my shopify store and downloaded many themes and removed many and downloaded many apps ad removed it but now the store is slow

I believe there are many code leftovers.

I want to resent my shopify account/store to a scartch as if I am just starting.

Please help

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Hilary
Community Moderator
537 78 102

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @karimala 

Welcome to the Shopify Community. Sorry to hear you've had some issues with your store and it's speed since removing some apps. I understand wanting to resolve that as soon as possible. 

Are you certain that the app code is causing the slow speed of your store? I'd recommend going through our Online store speed report help document and confirming that hypothesis if you haven't already. Let me know if you've already confirmed this. 

In general, when uninstalling apps, it's always best practice to follow each app's uninstallation instructions to ensure you're removing any code that may be left behind. You can always reach out to the app developer directly if you're unsure how to properly uninstall their app. I'd recommend reaching out to the app developers that you suspect have left behind code, if you haven't already. 

If you're certain you'd like to start fresh, you can install an updated version of your theme on your store, and then start customizing your fresh theme. You can then remove your previous themes from your store that you no longer wish to you. I'd recommend downloading a copy of these theme files onto your computer before removing them so that you always have a back up copy. 

If you prefer to not start from scratch, and have contacted the app developers, but would still like assistance improving your online store speed you could always hire a Shopify Expert. I'd also recommend reading through our help document on Improving online store speed for more understanding, and tips. 

Let us know how this goes and if you have any questions!

Hilary | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)
Hilary
Community Moderator
537 78 102

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @karimala 

Welcome to the Shopify Community. Sorry to hear you've had some issues with your store and it's speed since removing some apps. I understand wanting to resolve that as soon as possible. 

Are you certain that the app code is causing the slow speed of your store? I'd recommend going through our Online store speed report help document and confirming that hypothesis if you haven't already. Let me know if you've already confirmed this. 

In general, when uninstalling apps, it's always best practice to follow each app's uninstallation instructions to ensure you're removing any code that may be left behind. You can always reach out to the app developer directly if you're unsure how to properly uninstall their app. I'd recommend reaching out to the app developers that you suspect have left behind code, if you haven't already. 

If you're certain you'd like to start fresh, you can install an updated version of your theme on your store, and then start customizing your fresh theme. You can then remove your previous themes from your store that you no longer wish to you. I'd recommend downloading a copy of these theme files onto your computer before removing them so that you always have a back up copy. 

If you prefer to not start from scratch, and have contacted the app developers, but would still like assistance improving your online store speed you could always hire a Shopify Expert. I'd also recommend reading through our help document on Improving online store speed for more understanding, and tips. 

Let us know how this goes and if you have any questions!

View solution in original post

karimala
2 0 0

Hello Hilary

Thank you for your message. I will check all this and if needed I will speak a the developpers of the apps to advise on the uninstalation process.

Regards

Karim

Hilary
Community Moderator
537 78 102

Thanks for the reply and for updating the topic as solved. 

I'm happy to help! Let us know how everything goes.