How do I change our store login domain?

supervoss
1 0 0

I'm also having the same issue trying to change my shopify store name to match the new domain name.

I have read your response but can't seem to figure out how to create a new trial account.

Please help.

0 Likes
DavidSiva
1 0 0

Hey Koreen/ Shopify Team,

This actually became a problem with the notification shopify sends. For example, the shipment notification, when you track your order even though we have a primary domain assigned. The message is sent from example.myshopify.com and of course, when we are developing we used test1222 as the myshopify url.

This is also a problem with the text messages that are sent to clients it says test1222.myshopify.com. I think this impacts the credibility of our business and it seems like a lot of merchants are going through some of htese pains. 

As long as customers don't see it I don't care but if customers are seeing these wierd extensions it impacts the brand.

0 Likes
Oshay
2 0 0

Is this still relevant, because I want to do the exact same thing. I want to change my original Shopify domain from the-ascension-clothing.myshopify.com to ascensionstreetwear.myshopify.com. I also have a paid domain, ascensionstreetwear.com, that I want to keep also.

0 Likes
dongozo
Excursionist
33 0 4

same problem here, the login hass three levels:

shop name

emial

PW

The shop name has changed, and I need the the previous shop name for a second shop. How do we update this?

It is pretty anoying and confusing.

0 Likes
TomiK
1 0 3

It seems that still in 2021 this issue is valid. It is really inconvenient when you cannot change the admin login address.

Now I have been creating a store for my client under a certain address and now when we have redicted their domain...they need to login with the original "sample.myshopify.com" address...and that is really stupid. Especially...

- when you start to create a store you ask "Are you creating a sore for you or your client"...and usually clients do not know the becoming name of the store yet. Also, you are mentioning that whatever name you are giving for the store, you may change it, any time you want!!!! But you don't say that the admin login address will be permanent! not the best option in 2021. 

MILSTYLE
1 0 0

Totally agree with TomiK. I have the same request today, I suppose I don't have any other choice than creating a new profile and manually duplicating my old store data.

0 Likes
clothesboxohio
1 0 0

How do I go about starting new triple will all setting be transfer along with products and app...please advise

0 Likes
Eky
1 0 0

The problem is customers do see that .myshopify domain in every message you send because it's 2021 and redirects no longer fool anybody because of security concerns. Even facebook messenger shows the original .myshopify url

0 Likes