How do I change the URL to for collection pages to cards.lupodebupo.com?

Lupodebupo
Tourist
4 0 2

Hello!

I am wondering how I can change the URL to a collection page so it reads cards.lupodebupo.com

My website is lupodebupo.com.

I am not sure if this is something I need to alter in Shopify in addition to something outside of Shopify. Is this something Route 53 AWS can do, or is there another alternative solution?

Thanks!

Replies 6 (6)

Dami_mond
Shopify Partner
83 0 9

Hello @Lupodebupo 

Thank you for bringing this to our notice.My name is Damimond, I'm a shopify partner.

You need to create different subdomains for those collections and forward these domains to your collection pages but this actually depends on your domain provider.

Let me know which domain are you using?

Best regards

Damimond

banned
Lupodebupo
Tourist
4 0 2

Thank you the reply. So the limit to how many subdomains I would be able to create is 10? 

I plan on creating more than that which is a problem. I already know about the multi vendor solution, but plan on bringing sellers on and want them all to have a subdomain. Trying to figure out how to scale it if my limit is only 10.

Any solutions?

Dami_mond
Shopify Partner
83 0 9

Hello @Lupodebupo 

Thank you for your response

The number of subdomains you can create depends on your registrar but most domain name providers offer unlimited subdomains and that is the reason I asked which registrar you are using?

I'm awaiting your response.

Best regards

Damimond

banned

ThomasBorowski
Shopify Expert
803 71 239

You can't actually change the URL of a collection page to a subdomain. You can (as suggested by Dami_mond) create a redirect from a subdomain to a collection URL, but that just means anyone who goes to the subdomain will be redirected to the actual collection page URL and that is what will show up in the browser's address bar.

That said, what benefit are you hoping to gain from this? I'm assuming it has something to do with SEO. If that's the case, there is nothing to be gained by doing this, even if you could actually host collection pages under a subdomain, which, as mentioned above, you can't.

★ Smart Upgrades, Tips and Tutorials for Shopify themes: cartpunk.com
Did my solution work? Help other Community members easily find the correct solution and apply it to their own stores by marking it as the Accepted Solution and giving it a Thumbs Up
Lupodebupo
Tourist
4 0 2

Hello,

I want my collection pages to be individual mini storefronts. If I can create a subdomain, I would like the collection page to read in this example as cards.lupodebupo.com. This will personalize the mini storefronts even more in my opinion.

If not possible with a "collection page", is it possible if I create a new "page" in Shopify?

ThomasBorowski
Shopify Expert
803 71 239

Again, you can set up redirects from subdomains to URLs on your Shopify store, but you can't actually host different parts of your store like pages, collections, etc. on subdomains.

I think what you mean by "mini storefront" is probably what most people call "landing pages". If you search for that term on Google you'll get an idea of what they are and what they're used for. If the design features in your store's theme aren't enough to achieve what you want, maybe check out page builder apps like GemPages, PageFly or Shogun on the App Store.

★ Smart Upgrades, Tips and Tutorials for Shopify themes: cartpunk.com
Did my solution work? Help other Community members easily find the correct solution and apply it to their own stores by marking it as the Accepted Solution and giving it a Thumbs Up