How do I Import a video .mp4 for a product via CSV?

How do I Import a video .mp4 for a product via CSV?

TROAD
Tourist
9 0 2

How do I Import a video .mp4 for a product via CSV? I have a paid plan.

I would like to add a product video ,mp4

Replies 6 (6)

ThePixelEdge
Shopify Partner
164 16 17

Hello @TROAD

Upload your video to Shopify Files: First, you need to upload your video file to your Shopify Files.

Get the File URL: Once the video is uploaded, you'll get a URL for that file. Copy this URL as you'll need it to link the video to your products.

Prepare your CSV file: Create a CSV file with your product information. Make sure to include a column for the video URL.

Insert the File URL in CSV: In your CSV file, insert the File URL you obtained from Shopify Files into the column designated for the video URL.

Import CSV: Log in to your Shopify admin panel and navigate to Products > All Products. Then, click on "Import" and upload your CSV file.

Map the fields: During the import process, Shopify will prompt you to map the fields in your CSV file to the corresponding product attributes in Shopify. Ensure that the video URL column is correctly mapped.

Complete the import: Once you've mapped all the fields, proceed with the import process. Shopify will import your products along with the associated video URLs.

Verify and publish: After importing, double-check that the video URLs are correctly linked to your products. Once verified, you can publish the products on your Shopify store.

By following these steps, you can successfully import a video for your products via CSV on your Shopify store. If you encounter any difficulties or need further assistance, feel free to reach out for collaboration access, and I'll be glad to help you through the process.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Buy me A Coffee

Whatsapp :- For Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Coding | Custom Modifications

Connect with Us in Our DMs | teampixeledge@gmail.com
SnapGasket
Visitor
2 0 0

Thanks, ThePixelEdge, for the reply. I am also looking for a solution like this. Could you help me understand one thing from your response please?

What should I use as a title for the column with the URL for the video? I have tried putting the URL with the other images under Image Src, but when I upload the .csv to Shopify it give me an error saying, "it is not a valid image type". I get that it's not an image, but that's where it goes if I update a product individually (using the Shopify website) - with the images.

Also, if I can get this to work, how would I tell Shopify to display an alternate thumbnail for the video? I can change it in the Shopify design space, but how would I indicate an alternate thumbnail in a .csv file?

Thanks for your help.

ThePixelEdge
Shopify Partner
164 16 17

Hello @SnapGasket 
I totally agree with you, I tried at my end and faced same issue.

Product-import-complete-for-The-Fashion-Market-enggpsagar-gmail-com-Gmail.png

Here is the  alternate way to solve this install Matrixfy app.
I have attached the below template to use in Matrixfy app in csv/xlsx format, I tried this at my store it is working.
Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 11.08.43 AM.png
Apart from this alternate thumbnail is a separate feature, Which will require custom development. I hope that offering custom development services, which will incur charges, will effectively address your needs. Thank you in advance for considering this solution.
Cc @TROAD 

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Buy me A Coffee

Whatsapp :- For Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Coding | Custom Modifications

Connect with Us in Our DMs | teampixeledge@gmail.com

SnapGasket
Visitor
2 0 0

I've figured it out for my store. I am using the Empire theme from PixelUnion.

This method is what I used to use many moons ago, but after some Shopify theme upgrades it stopped working. Now it seems to be working again.

Here's what it takes to include a video in the media pool and have an alternate thumbnail with a little play button embossed on it.

1. Upload to Shopify the video and thumbnail image you want to use, and grab the URLs from your Content/Files section.

2. Paste the URL for the thumbnail in the Image Src column of your .csv file. Paste the URL for the video in the Image Alt Text column.

3. Save the .csv and import it to Shopify.

I tend to put my video as the second thumbnail, so I put it in the second row (of each product) in my .csv file. I upload the products and there it is - my video thumbnail ready to be clicked and then I can play my video.

I'm not sure how theme specific this is. Hope it works for you guys, too. Thanks for the help, @ThePixelEdge .

TROAD
Tourist
9 0 2

I see what you mean, an approach similar to this with a script should/might work.

TROAD
Tourist
9 0 2

But don't you need a script that assigns an image/thumbnail to a video, example, if image 123.jpg then 123.mp4