how do I know the tracking number for my orders?

petsknow
Tourist
3 0 0

I have two order but none of them have tracking numbers can you tell me where to get this?

Replies 12 (12)
Wailos
Excursionist
41 1 3

You can find them in ALiexpress or once the seller ship your order he will give you the tracking info

If you are using Paypal you need to enter for each order the tracking info. this will be hard if you have lot of orders daily but I have an amazing Shopify App that will save your Paypal account from Disputes and Holds! ( i case Paypal don't find the tracking for each order):

So this app offers one-click automation, you set it up once and it will automatically synchronize tracking between your Shopify store and your PayPal account.
More information here > > https://synctrackinginfo.com/
Good Luck!

Helen
Shopify Staff
1388 169 229

Hi, @petsknow

I’m Helen from Shopify Support. Great question, I’m here to help too.

As @Wailos pointed out, where you get your tracking numbers depends on how your orders are being shipped. Could you let me know if you are either:

• Shipping the products yourself by creating shipping labels through Shopify Shipping or a third party app

Once I know more about how shipping works with your business, I’ll be able to point you in the right direction.

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

petsknow
Tourist
3 0 0

Hey, I go to my aliexpress account and I don't find anything in my orders... only on cart one of the orders, but that same order already appears a shipped and fullfiled in oberlo... 

petsknow
Tourist
3 0 0

I don't know who am i shipping with ... how can i see that?

Helen
Shopify Staff
1388 169 229

Hello again, @petsknow!

When a customer places an order on your website, and you’re dropshipping through Oberlo/Aliexpress, you then need to order the products from your supplier in Aliexpress, so that they can send it to your customer. The method of shipping you would like your supplier to use is chosen at the same time you place the order on your customer’s behalf, and can be viewed from within your Aliexpress account.

Once the supplier processes the order and ships the product, the tracking number will be made available. This process can be mostly automatic if you follow these instructions for how to fulfill an Aliexpress order. The tracking number can always be easily found within the 'My Orders' page of your Aliexpress account too.

However, it sounds to me like the ‘Fulfill in Oberlo’ button was clicked from within your Shopify admin after your customer placed their order through your website. In this case, the products need to be manually ordered from your Aliexpress supplier following these steps

You’ll have to keep an eye on your order from within your Aliexpress account for when the product has shipped and the tracking number is available, and then manually enter the tracking number and email your customer, if you are wanting them to be able to track their order. You can read more about how to manually send shipping notifications, and even how to set this up to be automatic too, in Oberlo’s Help Doc here.

Dropshipping is a convenient business model, but I highly recommend reading through our Guide to Dropshipping and this Help Doc for Dropshipping to gain a solid understanding of how it all works. 

The flow can also be very confusing at first. Therefore, it’s always a good idea to place a test order for yourself through your website to familiarize yourself with the process from order to delivery. This also gives you a chance to physically inspect the product(s) you are selling, which leads to additional opportunities to improve other aspects of your store, like writing more effective product descriptions

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

sassclothes
Excursionist
11 0 3

Hi @Helen 

I have the same question! I am shipping with Shopify Shipment using USPS. Where do I find the tracking #? I want to make sure my orders are being delivered.

Helen
Shopify Staff
1388 169 229

Hi, @sassclothesThanks for specifying how you are shipping your items! 

When fulfilling orders through Shopify Shipping, the tracking number is automatically added to the order for you, if a tracking number is included in your shipping service. For example, with USPS in particular, there are several classes that don't include a tracking number unless you're willing to pay extra. For a full list of USPS services please see the USPS Tracking service breakdown

If there is a tracking number with the class of shipping service selected, it can then be found on the Order itself from within your Shopify admin. It will show at the top of the Order just under the fulfillment notification as seen below, or it can be viewed on the order status page. Read more about tracking numbers in this Help Doc

20-09-n8a53-ufpr1

Let me know if this helps!

Jojo22
1 0 0

How to find my tracking number order to Shopify

Helen
Shopify Staff
1388 169 229

Hi, @Jojo22! Welcome to the Community. Are you a customer who’s made a purchase from a store that uses the Shopify platform? If so, please contact the store you purchased from directly. They’ll be able to answer any questions you have about your order. 

However, if you are a merchant with Shopify, please start by letting me know how you ship your products so that I can point you in the right direction. Are you using Shopify Shipping? Or are you dropshippingI'll keep an eye out for your reply. Thanks!