How do I remove the coding at the top of my shopify store page?

How do I remove the coding at the top of my shopify store page?

Davidkosko
7 0 0
Replies 14 (14)

yashgarg
Shopify Partner
102 26 34

Hi @Davidkosko 

The store link you shared is not opening. Can you recheck the link. Also it looks like somewhere in your code there is some syntax issue, like missing or extra semicolon or quotes, which is treating the code as text. Please share the correct link and password if possible.

Thanks

Yash Garg

If this works for you, please give it a like and mark it as the solution! Thanks 🙂
Feel free to contact me for Shopify tech support
Email: yashgarg.tech@gmail.com
Davidkosko
7 0 0

idk why the link isnt working

Davidkosko
7 0 0

Pw is adodre

I'm a newbie but does the store have to be public with a domain name since i'm still working on this one and have not given it a domain yetScreenshot 2024-01-03 001845.png

yashgarg
Shopify Partner
102 26 34

Just in case this is your store link - https://6ee0c7-4.myshopify.com/

This "6ee0c7-4" was part of url you provided earlier.

If this works for you, please give it a like and mark it as the solution! Thanks 🙂
yashgarg
Shopify Partner
102 26 34

Also I am not seeing that issue which you have mentioned above. You can also try this link in incognito with you password. Maybe this issue is not visible to me, as you are currently editing files and you have not submitted/saved the changes.

yashgarg_0-1704270494995.png

Davidkosko
7 0 0

For me it's still there and on the picture you had the banner is white and for me its black

yashgarg
Shopify Partner
102 26 34

Did you try opening this link in incognito mode (private browser mode).

Also did you make any code changes on your own ?

Davidkosko
7 0 0

yes I did open it in incognito and I did make some code changes on my own but I saved it right after so idk why you can't view it but if i go to a different browser the code isn't there anymore and the banner is black unlike in your picture its white

yashgarg
Shopify Partner
102 26 34

Can you paste the changes you made in that case, maybe I can go through and try to see if something's wrong in those changes. Please paste filename and the code change

Davidkosko
7 0 0

In base.css line 3514-3516 (very bottom) I added some code to try and make some of my text have no background from a different discussion I saw

yashgarg
Shopify Partner
102 26 34

That change is not related to this. Did you change anything in your .liquid or .js files ?

Davidkosko
7 0 0

I dont think I did but is there a way to change all the code back into how it was originally since i didn't make any major code changes

GameRoomGalore
4 0 0

Hey there Davidkosko! I am having this exact same problem with my new Shopify store with the exact same body of text appearing at the top of my website both in private browsing and normal; that lump of code is not found anywhere in my main liquid files which makes me wonder if it can be that a colon or some other is missing therefore causing it to be read as a body of text on the page. I am wondering if you found a solution to this at all! Any guidance would be appreciated! Thanks

jlkwilson1
Visitor
2 0 1

I'm getting this same code on my my own page and any other shopify sites so I don't think it's my site. It doesn't show up on mobile either. 

jlkwilson1_0-1706724833678.png