How do I remove the "Shop Pay" from my Shopify checkout chopping cart?

joemiami1971
Visitor
3 0 2

I am an Amazon Affiliate using Shopify and I have to remove the Shop Pay option. How do I remove the "Shop Pay" from my Shopify checkout chopping cart?

Thank you

Joe

Replies 12 (12)

Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 196 467

Hey there, @joemiami1971 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

Thank you so much for reaching out regarding this, it is a really great question. So, from my understanding you would like to hide the Shop Pay button and only have Amazon as your accelerated checkout, would that be correct? If so, in order to do so you will simply need to turn off Shop Pay in your Shopify Payment Settings. I will go through the steps below and include some screenshots from my test store. 

Steps:

1. Go to Settings > Payments and click Manage on the top right-hand corner of your Shopify Payments. 
  2. Deselect any accelerated checkouts that you do not want to show: 
  3. Click Save.

This will prevent Shop Pay, Apple Pay, and Google Pay from appearing as an accelerated checkout. Please note that if you only want Amazon to show up as an accelerated checkout you will need to disable PayPal entirely as there is no way to suppress PayPal yet have Amazon appear. 

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,

Bo

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

cryptoxcowgirl
Tourist
7 0 7

Hi - I have deselected the ShopPay option in my payment settings, however the ShopPay option is still on some product pages (was eliminated from others).

Any ideas?

Thanks

Treehouz
Visitor
1 0 0

I am having the same problem, its still there.

BiscuitStudios
Visitor
2 0 1

This is also happening to a site that I am working on. Any answers yet?

KatrinaB
Visitor
1 0 0

Following this as well, I need it gone too. 

stickerpoppy
Visitor
2 0 1

Following along as well. Would love a fix for this!

dawgminded
Explorer
54 0 18

Following, was a fix ever found for this?

stickerpoppy
Visitor
2 0 1

I had to reach out to Shopify support and they opened a case for me. A developer had to go in and fix it on their end. 

BiscuitStudios
Visitor
2 0 1

Same - I had to get on with support and they had to work on it.

Lisa121
Tourist
6 0 2

So each of us needs to open up a separate support ticket? Not too efficient. I'm having the same problem!

numbrz
Visitor
1 0 2

Solution:

Go to Themes -> Edit Code -> Sections -> product-template.liquid

Do CTRL+F and search: {{ form | payment_terms }}

Remove that line and click save.

nutrivitasuplem
Tourist
16 0 1

I cant find this code to delete shop pay 😞

can someone help me?