How do i set up PayPal Express Checkout?

Amy99
6 0 0

I have recently set up a PayPal business account so i can start to accept PayPal payments from customers. Now, when i did Settings > Payments, PayPal is under additional payments with an activate button. I press that and it takes me to log in to my PayPal account. Which I did, but afterwards it says “you now have an account and you’ve successfully integrated PayPal with Shopify”. But for some reason they’re not connected to one another. As when I go back into Shopify (Settings > Payments), it still says ‘activate PayPal’… I have done this a few times now & it still doesn’t seem to activate or connect!?

Replies 3 (3)

Victoria
Shopify Staff
2161 150 253

Hi, @Amy99.

Thanks for posting to the Shopify Community!

When you set up your Shopify store, Shopify creates a PayPal Express Checkout account using the email address you use to sign in to your store. If you already have a PayPal account with that email address, then you receive payments from orders made with PayPal right away. Did you by chance create a PayPal business account using a different email address? To find your PayPal account email address, go to Settings > Store details, and then find your Store email in the Contact information section.

Victoria | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Amy99
6 0 0

No, my PayPal business email is the same as my Shopify store email. It still won’t allow me to activate PayPal.

Amy99
6 0 0

When I click ‘activate PayPal’ it just comes up with this;

IMG_8803.png