How do you run your digital subscription on Shopify?

mnearents
Shopify Partner
78 4 48

I run a digital subscription on Shopify and in order to achieve what we wanted, we had to pay for a custom app. I'm curious what types of digital subscriptions everyone is running and what apps they're using to achieve it:

A. Digital Library of Content

In this model, subscribers get access to all the content in the library, regardless of when they subscribed.

B. Monthly Access

In this model, subscribers get access to content based on when they were subscribed. For example: people who subscribed in February do not see January's content.

C. Other

Another model for digital content deliver that I haven't thought of.

And do you run your subscription:

1. On Shopify using public apps

2. On Shopify using a custom app

3. On Shopify using a combo of public and custom apps

4. On a third party website

Replies 2 (2)

mnearents
Shopify Partner
78 4 48

I'll start. We use model B: Monthly Access and achieved it using 3. On Shopify using a combo of public and custom apps. The custom app handles file access, and we use Bold to run our subscription payments. Would love to get away from Bold as it is meant for physical subscriptions.

ChrisYAY
Tourist
3 0 4

I'll say "C|1" - We charge for monthly a digital download through ReCharge, but customers can join or cancel anytime, and skip a month if they choose to. The intention is that they would have access to any month that they paid for, but if they lose the download link that we send it's a customer service nightmare.