How do you track your search engine rankings?

How do you track your search engine rankings?

mattybrusketty
Excursionist
15 1 2

I'm looking to up my game in monitoring search engine rankings for my e-commerce business. It's crucial to stay on top of where my store stands in search results to make sure I'm reaching my target audience effectively. I want to identify areas for improvement and stay ahead of the competition. How do you do it? 

Replies 2 (2)

GerWalk
Explorer
54 2 12

There are many ways to monitor SERPs (sharing a great guide that also covers keyword tracking to help you pick the strategy/tool). It took me a while to come up with the right approach. At the moment, it looks something like this: with SEMrush, I track key metrics such as keyword rankings, organic traffic, and backlink profiles. SEMrush provides comprehensive insights into keyword performance, allowing me to identify trends, track competitors, and optimize content for better visibility.

I use Google Analytics to monitor traffic and user behavior, analyzing landing page performance and conversion rates. By integrating Google Search Console, I get valuable data on search queries, click-through rates, and average positions. I regularly conduct website audits to identify technical issues that may impact rankings (site speed, mobile-friendliness, and crawl errors).

A guy I met at a summit last year, for example, does this by using a screenshot API. He tracks specific keywords to monitor his brand presence across various markets. Then he exports SERPs as PDFs, simplifying tracking and comparison over time. He stores the files on Google Drive, minimizing additional expenses.

MilesWeb
Explorer
58 3 3

Google Search Console (GSC) and Google Analytics 4 (GA4) are two major metrics measured tool that helps in analyzing the website's SERPs (Search Engine Result Pages). With the help of GSC, as a website owner you can easily rack your ranking for specific keywords. Also, it is easier to see how many times your site is getting impressions. Moreover, if any indexing issues are affecting visibility, it will help you in finding such issues. 

Google Analytics 4 is an updated version where you can track an organic traffic, clicks and conversion rates from the particular landing page. Also, there is a demographic section in it which gives the data about the traffic source country. Even you can get the age-related stats. As a result, your upcoming marketing campaigns can be oriented according to them. For better results, use paid tools like SEMRush, Ahref, and Moz Pro.