How dropshipping works in india expecially using Shopify?

Many of our new ecommerce business beginners asking about how dropshipping works using Shopify

Please share best ideas to share with our clients

Intellect Outsource is a complete ecommerce service provider has more than 10 years of experience helping online stores worldwide, with bulk eCommerce product data entry, bulk product upload, Bulk image uploading, Product image processing, back office support, order processing & Inventory Management, etc.

We offer shopify Data Entry & product import services with high quality. We keep special team for shopify online store data management projects to make 100% successful output for our clients small or big catalog projects.
0 Likes
Moira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
311 49 50

Hey, @Intellect_Outs1!

This is Moira from the Social Care team at Shopify. It’s great to hear your eCommerce beginners are interested in the dropshipping business model. I'd be more than happy to provide you with further information to get your clients started and share some resources for dropshipping specifically in India.

Dropshipping is a business model where you essentially curate a selection of products within whichever niche you choose, using wholesale sites like AliExpress or GlowRoad. Once a customer buys from you, you then purchase the product from your supplier and have them ship it directly to your customer. It's a very hands-off way of starting a business and has a low start-up cost. However, like any business venture, it requires effort and dedication! No worries though, we have plenty of resources on this topic.

What is GlowRoad?

Starting an online store has been one of the most success-proven ways to remain productive, and at the same time, earn from home. That’s why Shopify is partnering with GlowRoad to enable dropshipping in India and equipping merchants to become more successful.

GlowRoad is a reseller platform and app in India that is providing millions of individuals an opportunity to earn from home by starting their own online business. All they need to do is sign up on the platform as a reseller, choose the products you want to sell or think can sell, and submit your interest to the supplier. Here is a video tutorial that walks you through how the GlowRoad app works with Shopify.

GlowRoad is just one of many suppliers for the Indian region, I have collated a list of other popular dropshipping suppliers that are worth looking into also:

Resources

For further information on dropshipping in India please take some time to read through the blogs below:

I thought I would also drop you the link to Shopify Compass - Free Online Courses - Business e-Learning and Training. Not enough people know about it and it's such a good resource for merchants and their business no matter what stage they are at with their store. I’d definitely recommend bookmarking it and checking it out when you have time.

I've attached a course that I think will benefit your clients:

If you have any questions please feel free to thread those below.

Cheers!

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
TeamSpocket
Explorer
53 5 8

Hi @Intellect_Outs1,

Dropshipping in India is pretty much the same as dropshipping in the US or other countries. You just need to make sure that you have a payment gateway that supports USD currency (if you opt for the international market).  It's also recommended that you have a supplier based on your target market (eg. US suppliers for US customers and India suppliers for Indian customers).  This will make things easier in terms of shipping thus providing great customer service. 

Have you tried Spocket? We have suppliers located worldwide and that includes suppliers based in India and suppliers based in the US.  You can import our products to your store and sell the products as your own. Once you get an order, all you need to do is go to our app, check out the order and our suppliers will take care of the order fulfillment for you : ) 

Screenshot_752.png

You can sign up here for a free Spocket account.  You can also check our success stories on some of our retailers. 

Cheers,
Spencer and the Spocket team

0 Likes

Hi @Intellect_Outs1 

This article tells you all you need to know to start a Shopify dropshipping business today: https://nichedropshipping.com/shopify-dropshipping/

May be able to help your client.  

Best regards,

Jeane

My opinion only represents myself, not the company.
0 Likes

Thanks all

How the payment will work?

Is there any special Payment Gateway for Indian clients? Can Indian clients transffer fund from the store itself to vendor? Please provide detailed information

Intellect Outsource is a complete ecommerce service provider has more than 10 years of experience helping online stores worldwide, with bulk eCommerce product data entry, bulk product upload, Bulk image uploading, Product image processing, back office support, order processing & Inventory Management, etc.

We offer shopify Data Entry & product import services with high quality. We keep special team for shopify online store data management projects to make 100% successful output for our clients small or big catalog projects.
0 Likes
Moira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
311 49 50

Hi @Intellect_Outs1,

Shopify supports two different types of credit card payment providers: direct providers and external providers. If you're using a direct provider, your customers can complete their purchases directly on your online store without having to pay at a third-party checkout. If you're using an external provider, your customers must complete their purchases on a checkout page that's hosted outside of your online store.

Here is a list of payment gateways that are available to you in India:

Customers do not pay the vendors directly, customers pay you (the store owner) when they checkout on your website, and then you (the store owner) will pay the vendor for the products.

All the best,

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes