How painful is it to close shop for a few years and come back

Solved
MarjorieT
2 0 1

I'd like to close my shop for a couple of years (and by that, I mean stopping my Shopify subscription altogether for a few years). Assuming I keep my domain, photos, descriptions, reviews, etc... Other than a huge slip in Google rankings, how big of a pain would it be to pick it back up again as if I never left? Other than the domain, photos description and reviews mentioned above, is there something else I need to save. Is there a "save" feature that would make my re-entry easier as far as "re-loading" my shop back up the way it was before? 

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Daniel
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
893 60 141

This is an accepted solution.

Hi there, @MarjorieT

Welcome to the Community! Definitely a great place to gather some input regarding anything about the platform!

With regards to your inquiry, please refer to this help document with regards to closing your store as well as all considerations to be made before closing it. 

One thing that is noted as well, once you close your account with us, you have 2 years until we wipe your data from the platform so definitely keep this in mind. The link above will go over this in more detail for you. 

Definitely let me know how this works out for you or if you have any further questions about this matter. I look forward to hearing more from you. 

Daniel | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)
Daniel
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
893 60 141

This is an accepted solution.

Hi there, @MarjorieT

Welcome to the Community! Definitely a great place to gather some input regarding anything about the platform!

With regards to your inquiry, please refer to this help document with regards to closing your store as well as all considerations to be made before closing it. 

One thing that is noted as well, once you close your account with us, you have 2 years until we wipe your data from the platform so definitely keep this in mind. The link above will go over this in more detail for you. 

Definitely let me know how this works out for you or if you have any further questions about this matter. I look forward to hearing more from you. 

Daniel | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog