How to accept purchase orders from my customers

Involute
Tourist
4 0 2

I'm evaluating Shopify for my new business.  My business requires me to offer customers the ability to pay for orders via credit card or reference to a purchase order.  In the former case, payment would be collected immediately.  In the latter, the customer would be invoiced.  I'd also need to be able to approve customers for the use of POs (rejecting orders by customers who try to pay via PO but have not yet been approved to do so).  Does Shopify support this sort of thing?

Replies 5 (5)
Megan_Clawson
2 0 0

Did you ever get an answer for this? I'm in a similar situation.

Involute
Tourist
4 0 2
Megan_Clawson
2 0 0

That's helpful.

channelup
Shopify Partner
523 25 120

Hi

It probably depends on how you receive your purchase orders currently. We do PO's through our system but in your case what you would want the ability to do is to then generate a draft Shopify order from an accepted PO. The draft order then gets invoiced to the buyer where they then go through the checkout process to complete payment. The discussion is more about how you want to integrate any current processes or whether you want to do everything within Shopify admin as both flows are possible.

Regards

Tom

Bundleup - bundle your products and unbundle your orders.
Channelup is a product data management solution helping Shopify stores automate their processes.
If you require custom development or would like to test out our features contact me at tom@channelup.io
a2zscilab1
3 0 0

Is there a code that we can edit that will enable us to add Customer Purchase order Numbers while creating a draft order ? Please help.