How to add required options at the checkout?

ives
Tourist
9 0 3

Hi,

We have a meal delivery website (https://delectablebyzarlajane.com/) and we would like to make it a requirement for customers to choose if they would like to receive their meals in a (option a) paper bag for free or (option b) insulated bag for an additional cost.

Is there a way to add a mandatory checkbox that customers could tick before checking out? And when they choose option b, the additional cost will be added to their total.

Thanks so much!

Replies 4 (4)

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hello! What you'll need to do is select a Product Customization app. These will enable you to further customize your available options per product. You'll be able to specify which products/meals to add the packaging options to, add a monetary value to your options as well as make the option selection a requirement in order to continue to the checkout screen. 

Some options include free plans and they will all allow you a trial period so you can find the best option for your business needs. I have compiled a list of the 3 highly reviewed apps: 

Advanced Product Options: Empowers you to escape Shopify’s limit of 3 options and 100 variants per product. You can now add unlimited number of product options and variants options of different types to the same product.

Bold Product Options: Add any, and as many, product options or custom fields to create an ideal shopping experience.

G-Variants (free option): You can creatively build up proper option sets for products with multiple functional elements, including buttons and add-on price adjustments.

Hope that helps! Let me know if I can answer any questions for you.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

ives
Tourist
9 0 3

Hi! Thank you so much for your response! We have been using a Product Customization app called 'Infinite Options by ShopPad' to add variants to our products. However, for this 'paper bag or insulated bag delivery option', we don't want it to appear on every product because they only have to pick once. For example, when a customer orders multiple products, the customer will only need 1 insulated bag for all her orders. We don't want to charge the customer for multiple insulated bags.

Is it possible to not make it an option per product? And just an option before checking out?

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Thanks for clarifying with some more details. I believe your best option then would be an Upsell App. These will trigger during the checkout process to help create a last minute conversion. In your instance, that would be the option to upgrade to an insulated bag. Some apps to look into: 

Cart Upsell: Installs a slide cart drawer with tons of available customizations.

In Cart Upsell: Retains your existing user experience and allows in cart up-sell without spammy popups.

HypeCart: Allows for targeted up-selling as well as post-purchase up-sells achieved by the customer in one click. 

Would love to hear your thoughts!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

AvadaCommerce
Shopify Partner
3879 839 955

Hi @ives 

You could achieve this feature by using third-party apps such as:

I hope this helps you.

All the best.

banned