Solved

How can I mark a customer order as approved in my online store?

test6A
Shopify Partner
23 0 12

I am a shop owner and I want to have a step in my order managing process that I can approve or reject a customer order. An order now just has 3 statuses: open, archived, canceled.  The canceled is compatible with rejected order. How about approval? How can I approve an order or mark it as approved?

Accepted Solutions (2)

JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
2222 202 592

This is an accepted solution.

There isn't a status for that, but here are a couple ideas:

a) You could add a tag "Approved" to the order, and instruct your fulfillment service to only ship an order if the Approved tag is added.

b) You could turn off automatic credit card capture, and manually capture the payment after you've approved the order.

• Creator of Order Automator (automate tagging, fulfillment, Amazon, notifications + more)
• Shopify developer for 10+ years, store owner for 7 years
• I also make guides like Shopify Automation Tips and How to Deal with Fraud / Chargebacks

View solution in original post

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2329 454 397

Hey @test6A.

Thanks for reaching out.

This is a great question! You can change the automatic capturing of payments by navigating to Settings > Payments, you should see the section titled Payment Capture towards the right side. I took a screenshot of my test store to show you the section I am referring to:

07-40-65084-50865

With that being said, feel more than welcome to check out our in-depth guide to capturing payments manually. If the payment captures are set to manual, then you will receive a notification that you have received an order. You will need to navigate to that order and select approve to accept the payment and begin the fulfillment.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
2222 202 592

There isn't a status for that, but here are a couple ideas:

a) You could add a tag "Approved" to the order, and instruct your fulfillment service to only ship an order if the Approved tag is added.

b) You could turn off automatic credit card capture, and manually capture the payment after you've approved the order.

• Creator of Order Automator (automate tagging, fulfillment, Amazon, notifications + more)
• Shopify developer for 10+ years, store owner for 7 years
• I also make guides like Shopify Automation Tips and How to Deal with Fraud / Chargebacks

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2329 454 397

Hey @test6A.

Thanks for reaching out.

This is a great question! You can change the automatic capturing of payments by navigating to Settings > Payments, you should see the section titled Payment Capture towards the right side. I took a screenshot of my test store to show you the section I am referring to:

07-40-65084-50865

With that being said, feel more than welcome to check out our in-depth guide to capturing payments manually. If the payment captures are set to manual, then you will receive a notification that you have received an order. You will need to navigate to that order and select approve to accept the payment and begin the fulfillment.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog