How to assign shipping/delivery times to individual products?

JohnS
2 0 0

Hello!

I am currently working on launching a dropshopping business. The different websites I get the dropshipped products from have big variance in the average delivery time.

Some of my products might take less than a week to all regions. Others might take 2 weeks to e.g. the states but 3-6 weeks to west europe. If the customer does not have 100% transparency regarding the estimated delivery time based on his region, that severly hurts the business. How come there is not an option for this?? Or am I missing something? Also, why can't people select their region? Or is Shopify automatically tracking the IP/location of visitors and applies that to calculations/"decisions"?

I will restrain from using any non-free third party app. In case you need to do additional coding for this, please elaborate on how to go about this. 

0 Likes
StephensWorld
Shopify Expert
366 6 83

Hey John!

I have a two part answer for this one:

(1) As far as how the system figures out where the customer is and basing the shipping rates off of their location - this is done during checkout, when the customer puts in their address. You can definitely support different shipping rates for different regions, as a whole, by utilizing Shipping Zones

(2) For charging specific shipping prices for each individual product - rather than charging by the customer's location (shipping zone) as a whole - the only way I know of to achieve this is via the Better Shipping App. To the best of my knowledge, this isn't possible to do by just adding some custom coding to a liquid template. You would need to use the app, or have a custom solution developed for you (if you're looking to go this route, I would highly recommend reaching out to an Official Shopify Development Expert). 

Hope this helps,

★ Did my post help? If yes, then please like and accept solution. ★

→ Have me build your Shopify store @ stephens.world
→ Get your FREE 30-Step Setup Guide @ stephens.world/guide
→ View My Official Expert Profile @ stephens.world/expert
→ Want to buy me lunch? stephens.world/lunch

0 Likes
JohnS
2 0 0

The second part of your answer unfortunately did not adress the issue I explained.

I want to let my customers know exactly how long the shipping will take for product X, how long for Y, ... based on their region. For example during check out.

I am not talking about rates. I am talking about the delivery *time*, where I assign data to each product individually. E.g. china: 8-12 days. Us: 10-16 days. France: 12-20 days, ...

0 Likes
Kyle_Meade
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hi JohnS,

I am having the same issue with some of my products shipping in 2 days and some have a 3 week delay, did you ever find a solution for this?

0 Likes

Hello

Does anyone have a solution for that "issue". I have exactly the same topic for my shop: Different products, some in stock, some as dropshipping and so all kind of different delivery times. Additionally there are different shipping rates for faster or slower delivery.

Is the app "better shipping" capable of doing that?

Thank you very much in advance for your feedback!

0 Likes
davideross
Excursionist
12 0 3

Hy man did you solvente this ? I need the same thing

0 Likes
NowshdAhmad
3 0 0

Hey John!

You will have to configure your shipping setting and you can create multiple shipping zones. So if you have a different delivery time, shipping cost for all products and locations then you can handle that by creating a different shipping zone under your shipping setting in your Shopify admin panel.

So you have two create different shipping zone and define a separate shipping policy like delivery time, shipping services, charges, and location. Then you can assign it to the selected products.

Also if you are doing the shipping by your self then all you have to do is just configure your shipping setting and that's it.

0 Likes
NowshdAhmad
3 0 0

Hey 

You will have to configure your shipping setting and you can create multiple shipping zones. So if you have a different delivery time, shipping cost for all products and locations then you can handle that by creating a different shipping zone under your shipping setting in your Shopify admin panel.

So you have two create different shipping zone and define a separate shipping policy like delivery time, shipping services, charges, and location. Then you can assign it to the selected products.

Also if you are doing the shipping by your self then all you have to do is just configure your shipping setting and that's it.

If you still confuse and unable to do that send me a staff invite and I will do that for you.

0 Likes