Solved

How to change my date of birth?

WaistUps
Visitor
2 0 0

I made a clerical error when entering my date of birth. Now I am not able to go back and edit it. I have tried to directly contact the Shopify Help Center, and read up on other similar problems that others had. How am I able to fix this problem? 

Accepted Solution (1)
Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @mushangshan5442

Thanks for reaching out in this thread. It looks like we’ll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue.

While we’re no longer able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or a callback. To get started with this, please visit our Help Center via this link and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the best way to resolve this situation, I've marked my reply as the solution to this thread for the benefit of others who may discover this topic.

We hope to hear from you through our Help Center soon! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 18 (18)

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @WaistUps

This is Rae from the Shopify team. 

Where did you originally enter your date of birth on your account?

Were you trying to set up Shopify Payments when this happened? If so, we can definitely look into this further with our teams, and explore our options for correcting these details. 

However, if you entered this elsewhere into your account, can you please tell me a bit more about which setting you were adjusting, or what section of the admin you were working in?

Once I have more information on this, I'll be glad to help further! 

WaistUps
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi! Thank you so much for responding. I have now given up on holding ownership, and have relingquist my ownership to another person to try to fix the problem, by putting her own credentials in. This did not seem to fix it. Do you know how we can replace my personal data with hers? We originally put the date of birth in when setting up the payment. Thank you. 

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @WaistUps

I appreciate you getting back to me so quickly. 

I can definitely help look into this situation further, and ensure the correct account owner is in place, with the right birth date set up.

In order to do this though, I do need to verify your account, so I'm going to reach out to you via email to discuss this further. Please reply directly back to my email once you receive it, and we can go ahead and work through the next steps required to resolve this. 

I hope to hear back from you soon! 

mushangshan5442
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello, I'm facing the same issue. I accidently placed wrong DOB and now I'm unable to change it back. Kindly assist. 

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @mushangshan5442

Thanks for reaching out in this thread. It looks like we’ll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue.

While we’re no longer able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or a callback. To get started with this, please visit our Help Center via this link and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the best way to resolve this situation, I've marked my reply as the solution to this thread for the benefit of others who may discover this topic.

We hope to hear from you through our Help Center soon! 

Peter151
Visitor
1 0 2

I have had multiple chats and calls with Shopify who haven't helped. I wanted to change my date of birth 2 weeks ago and im still here waiting to be contacted. I can't receive payouts or properly run my  business this is unacceptable. 

littleladycloth
Visitor
1 0 1

Same here. Waiting this long for a simple reply makes me rethink using this platform entirely and until it’s resolved, I’ve gone ahead and started using my previous platform (which has amazing and quick customer support) 

Liyahleisure
8 0 0

Did they eventually help you?

Liyahleisure
8 0 0

Hey did they eventually help you?

Det742021
Pathfinder
83 1 26

I found it, when you go into settings, users and where the error came up for me, underneath I could see the user's birthday and managed to change it.

I could not see this before, my error message was keep asking to upload a driving licence picture, then saying that the sate of birth is not matching.

So it was simple, but I didn't see it at all before, not sure why.

Liyahleisure
8 0 0

I think that option is only available after a while then. I've never had that option and still don't. I'm happy you were able to solve the issue yourself though. The Shopify team isn't helpful at all! Maybe you could reply with a screenshot showing what you did?

Det742021
Pathfinder
83 1 26

I don't sorry, because when I changed it, it disappeared.

I remember that I logged in, the error was showing in the home page I think, not in settings actually.

It was saying that the payments are on hold, because they need copy of driving licence.

But then the licence birthday date and the one we typed in did not match.

Under the box where you can upload this document, I could see the birthdate and name of the person.

Then after correcting this, I click on upload driving licence again submitted it and was accepted.

Not sure if this helps, but  also called them at the end, was really agitated 

Aggamsidhu
Visitor
2 0 0

I Also have this exact issue, i put in the wrong year for my birthday. could you guys please please help me out so i can put in my correct one?

lotuss
Visitor
1 0 0

hey I'm having the exact same problem how do I go about it? I'm 17 but my age was put as 18 when I tapped on accident

Maz
Shopify Staff
1161 129 178

Hi, @lotuss!

Thanks for joining the thread! 

Can you tell me where you were inputting these details? Was it for your account settings or for Shopify Payments? 

For some context, our Terms of Service don't permit the use of our platform if the account owner is under 18. So you can only operate this store once you are 18 or transfer the account ownership to an adult or guardian. The ownership can be transferred to an adult, and they can add you as a staff member instead. 

You can learn more about transferring ownership here at this link and also about adding a staff member at this page.

Maz | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Det742021
Pathfinder
83 1 26

Yeah we have the same here with our new store, they are just not helping.

bizzy99
Visitor
3 0 0

I have the same issue. They locked my account one time and now I'm scared they do it again, if someone has a solution I would tell me thank you 🙂

fengjoshua73
Visitor
1 0 0

if you currently have an issue with date of birth not matching your drivers license/state ID, therefore you can't receive payments, go to settings>payments> then there should be a screen that looks like this: 

fengjoshua73_0-1706150048510.png

click update information in the middle highlighted box, then you should come to this screen

fengjoshua73_1-1706150141716.png

lastly, scroll, down and you'll find this:

fengjoshua73_3-1706150223725.png

update date of birth at bottom