Solved

how to change shopify currency after first sale

Jellyyes
Tourist
5 0 2

Could someone help me to change the currency after first sale, it's urgent.
The order is a test order, but even I refunded the order it cannot change the currency.
Is there any shopify staff can help this problem, thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (2)

Cal
Shopify Staff
989 103 173

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. I'd be happy to assist with helping you switch currency. 

This feature is locked in the admin if you have already made sales, even a test order. The reason for this is so you can reach out to our support team and chat with us about the effects this will have on your business if you were to change currencies after sales have been made.

• Reporting: With changes between currencies, our reporting doesn't factor in the difference between currencies. So if you had €500 processed, that would show as €500 in reports. Say the next day, you switch to USD, the report would still read as €500 for previous processing. Since €1 is not equal to $1USD, the reports, in theory, will be wrong going forward.

• Product Pricing: Since the dollar amount between currencies is not the same, a product price’s value, could mean something different if the currency is adjusted and impact your margins. For example - €20, is not equal to $20 USD. Refunds processed after a currency change will also be affected by the currency change.

You will have to manually reprice all of your products.

• Apps: Some apps may have limitations when it comes to changing the selling currency. If you would like to know how changing the selling currency will affect your apps, you will need to reach out to the App partner to clarify before changing their selling currency.

Let me know if you are happy with the above and still want to go ahead with the currency switch! Please provide me with your MyShopify URL and I will email the account owner with more information. Thanks!

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Cal
Shopify Staff
989 103 173

Hi @Jellyyes! I've just emailed the account owner with more information relating to this request.

Please let me know when the switch has been made! Thanks. 

View solution in original post

Replies 19 (19)

Cal
Shopify Staff
989 103 173

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. I'd be happy to assist with helping you switch currency. 

This feature is locked in the admin if you have already made sales, even a test order. The reason for this is so you can reach out to our support team and chat with us about the effects this will have on your business if you were to change currencies after sales have been made.

• Reporting: With changes between currencies, our reporting doesn't factor in the difference between currencies. So if you had €500 processed, that would show as €500 in reports. Say the next day, you switch to USD, the report would still read as €500 for previous processing. Since €1 is not equal to $1USD, the reports, in theory, will be wrong going forward.

• Product Pricing: Since the dollar amount between currencies is not the same, a product price’s value, could mean something different if the currency is adjusted and impact your margins. For example - €20, is not equal to $20 USD. Refunds processed after a currency change will also be affected by the currency change.

You will have to manually reprice all of your products.

• Apps: Some apps may have limitations when it comes to changing the selling currency. If you would like to know how changing the selling currency will affect your apps, you will need to reach out to the App partner to clarify before changing their selling currency.

Let me know if you are happy with the above and still want to go ahead with the currency switch! Please provide me with your MyShopify URL and I will email the account owner with more information. Thanks!

Jellyyes
Tourist
5 0 2
Hi Cal

Thanks for replying, I 'd still like to change the currency, because we are targeting a  specific market. If the currency is not common currency in this market, I am afraid of losing customer.
So could you help to change my store currency, thanks a lot!
My store URL: https://dhohoo.myshopify.com/

Thank You 
Jellyyes
Cal
Shopify Staff
989 103 173

Hi @Jellyyes! I've just emailed the account owner with more information relating to this request.

Please let me know when the switch has been made! Thanks. 

Jellyyes
Tourist
5 0 2

Thank you Cal !!!

I changed the currency, do you have more matters need me to pay attention.

Cal
Shopify Staff
989 103 173

Thanks for letting me know that the switch was successful. Let me know if there's anything else I can assist with! 

Are you preparing for the BFCM period? Have you checked out our great BFCM resources available here

lporter1
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello could you change me store currency please. onleg.myshopify.com

I need it changing from GBP to USD.

Thank you

Jiainni
Visitor
1 0 0

I need assistance with this aswell. But I see how to make my own inquiery about it?

Cal
Shopify Staff
989 103 173

Hi @Jiainni! If you share your MyShopify URL with me here, I can email the account owner with more information about this request.

Have you read my first post above about how switching will impact your store? 

QuentinGibson
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi @Cal i also wish to change my currency if you could help out that would be great

https://skystory.store/

saifulazomkhan
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi Cal,

Good day!!

I am in the same situation at the moment for your help to fix with currency United States -USD i/o Bangladesh Takas (BDT). 

My store is  https://skfproduct.myshopify.com  

I read your first post and realized above how switching will impact on store? But I still need to change my store currency from Bangladesh Takas to USD.

Pls help to make it USD from Bangladesh Takas convert.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation in this regard,

Saiful

saifulazomkhan
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi,

Need help to change my store ( https://skfproduct.com ) currency from BD-TK to USD.

It is conflicting with dropshipping store/ads/return amount.

Pls check and revert.

Thanks,

Saiful

MarlonAZ
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey Cal,

I also need to change the currency of my store from USD to GBP. I will attach the URL here: https://mymaizbody.com/

Could you please send me the email for the reset? I have read the way it will affect my business and understand it. Thank you in advance!

Regards,

Marlon-Alexandru Zdrascovici

djensen
4 0 0

Hey Cal. Could you possibly send this email to me as well? I am in the same situation at the moment. Cheers

Cal
Shopify Staff
989 103 173

Hi @djensen! Did you get this sorted, or are you still looking to switch currency? Have you read the impact that switching currency can have on your store mentioned above?

If so, and you still wish to switch, please share your store's MyShopify URL with me here and I'll email the account owner with further information on this. 

Thanks! 

MoniqueN
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi, I would like to change my shop currency as well and I'm requesting an email from the support team to assist. My Shopify URL is https://ebb-flow-jamaica.myshopify.com/

alvinqiu
Visitor
2 0 0

hello please help me to change my stone also, thx a lot.

You’ve made your first sale, so you need to  if you want to change your currency.

art-learning.myshopify.com

https://braveliveworkout.com/

alvinqiu
Visitor
2 0 0

hello please help me to change my stone also, thx a lot.

You’ve made your first sale, so you need to  if you want to change your currency.

art-learning.myshopify.com

https://braveliveworkout.com/

thx a lot we need tweak it asap

Sufaira
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey pls help me, I made my first sale now I want to switch my currency according to my targeted market

Smartlashesworl
Visitor
3 0 0

Hey Cal. Could you possibly send this email to me as well? I am in the same situation at the moment.