How to create two shopify stores under one account?

GScreative
Tourist
5 0 4

We currently have 1 store but would like to create two separate stores for branding purposes. 

We would like to keep it separate to make them into two different brands (so avoid confusion). With two different stores, we would like to have 1 dashboard for: shipping, inventory, order processing, and more. We discovered there are a few apps that can help with this though we want to make sure this is the best route for having two stores.

For example, William Sonoma and Pottery Barn are two brands under the same company. We would like the distinction/separate of branding between the two stores, but would like to have one dashboard to manage everything.

For the two stores, are apps shared between the two stores if they're under the same account? or are apps linked to specific stores or domains?

Recommendations for best way to go about this are greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Replies 4 (4)

Dirk
Shopify Staff
2209 247 502

Hey, @GScreative 

Great question! Do you have an app in mind that can help you accomplish this? In short, a single Shopify account can only be connected to one eCommerce store. While there are apps such as Geolizr that will allow you to redirect customers to the respective country-specific website, they will be treated as two separate Shopify stores (accounts) with their own unique dashboard. It's not possible to have essentially duplicates of the Shopify admin all housed under one account. Having a second brand store will require you to create a second account with its own subscription plan. The best way to think of it is each subscription plan gives you one unique store with its own admin.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

GScreative
Tourist
5 0 4

Hello Dirk,

Thanks for the information. We do not have a specific app in mind and are looking for expert help on finding the app(s) that would be the best fit for this purpose.

Harrysbackporch
Visitor
1 0 0

Question back to Dirk @ Shopify support.  So if there is only 1 account to 1 store, does that mean a single customer gets no discounts for having multiple accounts/stores?

Dirk
Shopify Staff
2209 247 502

Great question, @Harrysbackporch. In many cases, you actually can get a discount for multiple stores as long as it meets certain criteria. For example, merchants who have more than one store that are the exact same, except for language or currency may be eligible for a discount. Such as having different stores for different locations (a Canadian version of the store and a UK version of the same store).

Additionally, the first store would have to be on the Shopify plan ($79) or higher and the subsequent stores would also need to be on that same Shopify plan, but it would be at the cost of the plan below ($29). 

On the other hand, let's say you had two separate businesses, for example, a painting supplies business, and a fitness equipment business, they wouldn't be subject to that discount.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog