How to display manually selected related products on product page

Fraim
2 0 0

Hi, I am new to Shopify and still developing my store.

I have some item than can be purchased with various accessories and therefore I would like to be able to display these accessories at the bottom of the main product page.

All I can find so far is the Related product option which does not let me choose which items will be displayed but instead will make suggestion based on the algorithm. This is not at all what I want.

Is there an easy work around to achieve what I want?

0 Likes
Luna
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
131 16 20

Hi, @Fraim

This is Luna, from Shopify. I’m excited to hear you’ve started creating your store - congrats! I can definitely see the value in choosing which recommended products you want to display.

To gather some more context, may I ask which theme you are using? As you mentioned, our innate recommendation feature displays an automatically-generated list of products. This feature is available on certain themes, and you can learn more about how this works on our help document here

However, based on what you’ve shared, the best way to set this up will be through the use of an app, such as: 

• Related Products: This app allows you to customize which related products are displayed based on collections, product type, vendor, or tags. You can see how this looks in this example store
  • Related Products - Also Bought: This app allows you to handpick each recommended product, depending on what product the customer views. You can also customize the number of related products displayed. I noticed that they also have a free plan available. 

It’s important to consider that most apps offer a free trial period as seen in this example, so that you can test it out before committing. If the app doesn’t suit your needs, just ensure that you delete it from your apps as outlined in this help document, before the trial ends to avoid getting charged. 

If you prefer not to use an app, you could consider hiring a Shopify Expert to customize this option for you. I recommend checking out an Expert that specializes in theme customizations, such as the Experts listed here. 

I’d love to hear more about your business! What types of products and accessories are you selling? 

Best, 

Luna | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Luna
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
131 16 20

Hi, @Fraim

Luna here! Just checking in. Did my previous response help? If you have any questions, don't hesitate to let me know. 

Take care,

Luna | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes