FROM CACHE - en_header

How to edit shipping page - Add text next to shipping method?

Crow55
5 0 0

Hi all,

I'm using the free Brooklyn theme. I'm offering only one shipping option - free shipping.

However, I cannot figure out how to add some text description to the shipping method.

I just want to add this text on the shipping page next to the shipping method: "Shipping will take 2-4 weeks".

Many thanks 

Replies 8 (8)
yanggatang
Tourist
29 0 1

You'd have to edit code; I can help you if you post your source code 

Crow55
5 0 0

Hi Yanggatang,

I searched the theme edit files but could not even identify which file is associated with the shipping page?

Appreciate the help

yanggatang
Tourist
29 0 1

Try using the google chrome inspect tool. Inspect the page and scroll through the classes and Id's to try and find a page in the source code associated with the page.

Nick
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
4531 434 1022

Hi @Crow55 and @yanggatang,

Someone on the Shopify support team recently discovered a possible solution to what you are looking for here.  If you take the following steps in your store admin:

Online Store> Themes> Actions> edit languages > cart > shipping method notice and the disclaimer is entered as seen in the screenshot below:

19-09-ycdr3-7a87b

It should allow you to add some text with extra context to the shipping bar at the checkout. Let me know if that works for you!

Nick | Community Moderator @Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

faust
2 0 1

I really want and need this to work for me so I can add a note about shipping however this must not work on the theme I'm using (Debut) as that "shipping method notice" is not an option for me in: "Manage checkout language". Any Ideas? THANKS!

Nick
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
4531 434 1022

Hi @faust,

It might be worth speaking to our theme support team about this if you can't find it yourself. If you are using a free Shopify theme (which you are with Debut) and are on a paid plan you do have 60 free minutes of design time from the theme support team.  Please visit our support team here and log in to your account to create a support request for this! 

Nick | Community Moderator @Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

MattyVatty
Tourist
3 0 1

worked like a charm!!

on a different theme and took a while to find the section but did work!  thanks nick

i follow this path Online Store> Themes> Actions> edit languages > then find the "checkout & System" tab

see below, i had to click on the 3 dots on the far right side to show me the "checkout & system" tab

MattyVatty_0-1662293610069.png

for some reason the search bar did not work, so I bloody had to scroll down and down, and .... aaaaal the way -  and eventually, you will get to it as below 😉 

you need to find the "shipping method notice"

MattyVatty_1-1662294026332.png

and whatever you write down here, the result will look like :

shopify screenshot.jpg

hope it helps!

so no coding or apps required 😉 freeeee (well sorta)

FileNumberDate
Excursionist
35 0 11

You can try this. It will display whatever you want on the order status page. Here you can write your message.

To add a custom message, you'll first need to find the "Additional Scripts" box located in Admin -> Settings -> Checkout.

Note: This box is mainly used to place third-party tracking pixels that are activated when a customer makes a purchase.

Here you can add this code which adds content when a particular shipping method has been used:

<script>
  {% if checkout.shipping_method.title == 'Pick-up at the store' %}
    Shopify.Checkout.OrderStatus.addContentBox(
     '<h2>Pick-up in store</h2>',
     '<p>We are open everyday from 9am to 5pm.</p>'
    )
  {% endif %}
</script>

Please change your shipping_method title to your actual shipping method title. Also change the message or entire html accordingly.

You can try to do a test order to see the order status page.

Reference: Show content based on shipping method 

ATTENTION!
Stay hydrated!
Thank you for your attention.