How to fulfill my orders?

kubabokun
1 0 0

Hello,

Shopify business model is kinda new to me but I was able to create my site, add few products, payment methods and all that stuff. I've already contacted Instagram Influencer and my Ad will be up today. I'm not sure if I know all about fulfilling orders. I connected my shopify store with 2Checkout (I'm from Poland so I cant use shopify payments instead) but my account is still in demo mode as I havent registered me business. If I get an order, do I have to pay for it up front using my own money? What If I get many orders after my Instagram campaign and I wouldn't be able to fulfill all of them because I wouldn't have enough money on my bank account. 

Replies 3 (3)
Elle
Shopify Staff
1088 99 184

Hey, @kubabokun 

Elle here from Shopify. 

If you're dropshipping, then you will have to pay for the items before they are shipped by the supplier.  If you do not have the money upfront, then you can wait until you receive your payouts from your payment provider! I'd definitely recommend checking with your payment provider to determine if they will release your funds before the product is shipped. With that said, if you need to wait for the funds then this will add more time to the fulfillment process. Be sure to clearly detail estimated fulfillment and shipping times on your storefront by customizing the shipping policy under Settings > Legal in your admin.

If you can let me know how you are sourcing your products, for example from Oberlo, I'd be happy to provide you some tailored resources based on how you're operating your business!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Cheers,

Elle

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

mccaly
Shopify Partner
86 3 17

Hi @kubabokun,

It sounds like you are drop shipping your goods (i.e you are not holding inventory). If so, you should be able to wait to pay your supplier after the payments have cleared from your store (make sure you have communicated a realistic shipment time to your customers*)

If you are intending to hold inventory longer term, I can point you towards some good Fulfillment Centers we work with. Just let me know. 

* The worst thing for customers is if they are expecting 2-day shipment but the items don't arrive for weeks. 

- Andrew
kickpay.com - Intelligent inventory finance.
SterlSilver
Tourist
8 0 1

I would like some ideas for faster fulfilment centers please