How to get back / recover deleted blog post

FlyHeide
3 0 0

Dear community.

I am trying to find a way to get back a blog article I wrote.

I just noticed, that one of my blog posts, which was not published, is missing just right after switching from debut theme to pipeline theme. I don't think there is a correlation, but wanted to mention it. 

Thing is, that I was not in Blog Backend working on any blog articles. My colleague reported the same. Either way, I'd like to know if there is any chance to regain my article. Unfortunately it was important to me since I documented my work since founding the company a few months ago in order to share it with other founders and I would be really sad if this would be lost.

Hoping for help Thanks in advance. Best,

Heide

0 Likes
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1313 127 196

Hey, @FlyHeide.

Thank you for reaching out and posting this question!

I understand you're looking to recover a deleted blog article that is very important to you. Though I'm unable to guarantee that the blog can be recovered, as Shopify isn't a backup service. Nevertheless, there are a couple of options we can try.

The first method to try and recover this blog is by viewing web pages cached in Google search results, which may have an older copy of your site. To do this, simply try searching for your store name with the blog title and see if there is a cached version available for you to copy. However, if that doesn't work, then it looks like we'll need to access your account and see if our Technical team can assist you with this. While this is also not guaranteed, nor are we able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time - we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit the Shopify Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request.

I've love to know if either of these options can help you restore the blog. Keep me posted!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog