Solved

Can you manage gift wrapping options on Shopify?

dherman76
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi all - how does everyone handle gift wrapping?  Do you create it as a separate product?  A variant? Or use some app?

D

Accepted Solution (1)

Karlie
Shopify Staff
669 54 133

This is an accepted solution.

Hello, @dherman76!

Karlie here from the Shopify Support Team! If you're looking for a way to add in a gift wrap option for your customers, then you have a few different options to consider. 

Your first option would be to use an app specifically made to create a gift wrap function on your storefront. These apps would allow you to offer a gift wrap option to your customers on the cart or product page. You can look into the apps; WrapinZestard Gift Wrap, or Super Gift Options. You can also check out all gift wrap apps, here

Another option would be to use an app that allows you to adjust your product page and offer different options to customize the product. You can use an app like; Best Custom Product Options or Infinite Product Options to offer an option on your product page and you can call that option, 'Gift Wrap.' 

You also have the option of manually adding in a gift wrap option on your cart page by adjusting your theme coding. This guide will show you step by step instructions about how to add in a gift wrap option on the cart page of your online storefront. 

I hope this has answered your question. If not, or if you have any further questions please let me know. I will be happy to help!

Karlie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

Karlie
Shopify Staff
669 54 133

This is an accepted solution.

Hello, @dherman76!

Karlie here from the Shopify Support Team! If you're looking for a way to add in a gift wrap option for your customers, then you have a few different options to consider. 

Your first option would be to use an app specifically made to create a gift wrap function on your storefront. These apps would allow you to offer a gift wrap option to your customers on the cart or product page. You can look into the apps; WrapinZestard Gift Wrap, or Super Gift Options. You can also check out all gift wrap apps, here

Another option would be to use an app that allows you to adjust your product page and offer different options to customize the product. You can use an app like; Best Custom Product Options or Infinite Product Options to offer an option on your product page and you can call that option, 'Gift Wrap.' 

You also have the option of manually adding in a gift wrap option on your cart page by adjusting your theme coding. This guide will show you step by step instructions about how to add in a gift wrap option on the cart page of your online storefront. 

I hope this has answered your question. If not, or if you have any further questions please let me know. I will be happy to help!

Karlie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

timdraut
Tourist
15 0 1

Hi,

I am using the official guide for the gift-wrap-option as well.

There is one thing im am disappointed and hopefully there is a solution.

When i add the product it will be placed in several dynamic collections and I don't want to add my products manually.

So is there anopportunity to hide this product?

thank your and

kind regards

Tim

Marloes_MC
Tourist
5 0 2

Hi there, I'm currently struggling with the same issue. Have you found a solution to this?

bw

timdraut
Tourist
15 0 1

not yet 😞