Solved

How to identity account who made changes to products

attotasolutions
Shopify Partner
30 0 20

Hi,

I have multiple accounts on my plus store.

Some of the products variants are deleted/updated by someone.

How to identify who made these changes. Please let me know.

Accepted Solution (1)

Rick
Shopify Staff
946 88 146

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @attotasolutions 

That is less than ideal about your products being deleted, I am sorry to hear about that.

One thing you can try, is to put /activity on the end of your admin URL. So it would be like yourshopifystoreurl.com/admin/activity. This will allow you see a sort of activity log of any changes that were made on the store by users. You can see this in my screenshot below, where I created a test product and then deleted it. 

04-16-6853-90806

You mentioned you were on the Plus plan - you can also feel free to reach out to Shopify Support, and we can see about getting more information for you on changes that were made to the store. Not all information can be retrieved, however we can try our best to find out what might have caused this.

Is it possible that maybe an app was able to make those changes, or that you recently uploaded a Products CSV file which accidentally deleted products? 

Rick | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

Rick
Shopify Staff
946 88 146

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @attotasolutions 

That is less than ideal about your products being deleted, I am sorry to hear about that.

One thing you can try, is to put /activity on the end of your admin URL. So it would be like yourshopifystoreurl.com/admin/activity. This will allow you see a sort of activity log of any changes that were made on the store by users. You can see this in my screenshot below, where I created a test product and then deleted it. 

04-16-6853-90806

You mentioned you were on the Plus plan - you can also feel free to reach out to Shopify Support, and we can see about getting more information for you on changes that were made to the store. Not all information can be retrieved, however we can try our best to find out what might have caused this.

Is it possible that maybe an app was able to make those changes, or that you recently uploaded a Products CSV file which accidentally deleted products? 

Rick | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog