How to import products with images from Woocommerce to Shopify

pacific
2 0 0

Respected 

I want to import all Woo commerce products with images from Woo commerce to Shopify.

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/migrating-to-shopify/shopify-import/woocommerce-migration

Steps:

1. From your Woo Commerce admin, click Tools > Export.

2. Select All content.

3. Click Download Export File.

I exported XML file from Woo commerce>Tools>>Export>All Content. The XML file contains only few products but not all products which are approx. 650. Why this method not allowing to export all products in XML format.

How I can export all products with images in XML format from Woo commerce. When I upload that XML file from store import app it only imports few products with images but not all 650 products.

Please Help

Reply 1 (1)
Rick
Shopify Staff
35 6 12

Hey @pacific 

It looks like you are having some issues when trying to migrate from WooCommerce to Shopify. Thanks for linking that Guide on Migrating over to Shopify. That would generally be the way we recommend merchants to migrate from WooCommerce, as by using the Store Importer App you can import details for products, customers, orders, and inventory - all from a single XML file.

It sounds like the issue here may be the exported file that WooCommerce is generating. You suggested that when you export the XML file, not all of your 650 products are included in it.

@pacific wrote:

The XML file contains only few products but not all products which are approx. 650.

How I can export all products with images in XML format from Woo commerce.

While we can certainly help you to troubleshoot reasons why an import into Shopify wouldn't be working, we would have no real way of troubleshooting the XML file that WooCommerce creates when you export your All Data. In this case I would recommend speaking to WooCommerce Support to ask them for assistance with that file, as they may be able to help you get a file generated that includes all of your products. It would also be worth bookmarking our page on Solutions to Common Import Problems that may help if you are having problems with file imports.

If you are unable to generate a file on WooCommerce that includes all of your 650 products, then you could also consider Adding your Products Manually, or importing them by Using a CSV File. Those methods involve a little bit more work, but should provide the same results. If you need expert help with your store migration, then hiring a Store Migration Shopify Expert would be something you can consider. 

Rick | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog