Solved

How to link to a search without showing the search bar

FUN-tography
4 0 0

I have many images in a art gallery type format on my site, and I've linked each image to a search for a specific tag (related to the image) to pull all products that use that image.  But it's a little hacky. Ideally, I want to show the products, but not the search bar containing the "hidden" tag.  Creating a collection with each image is not feasible. Any help with this is appreciated.  Website is linked.

F. U. N. 

Accepted Solution (1)
Zqdo
Shopify Partner
803 32 63

This is an accepted solution.

Try this: On your search-results page, where it says "Add Custom CSS", type: 

.template-search__search{
display: none;
}

See if this looks ok to you. The website visitor should still be able to search for any product from the navigation bar up top.

banned

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

Zqdo
Shopify Partner
803 32 63

So once the image is clicked, you want it to link to a search result, but also hide the tag?

Where would this image be? On the home page?

banned
FUN-tography
4 0 0

No, the images are not on the homepage.  Here is a page of images that when you click on the image, you can see the "hacky" search.  I want the products to show, but not the search bar with the tag.

Zqdo
Shopify Partner
803 32 63

Would you consider removing that search bar entirely, whether or not the search result comes from clicking on an image or a normal search result, and just using the one on the navigation bar?

banned
FUN-tography
4 0 0

Yes, I’d consider it, provided a consumer search is still an option. I don’t want to eliminate that feature.

Zqdo
Shopify Partner
803 32 63

This is an accepted solution.

Try this: On your search-results page, where it says "Add Custom CSS", type: 

.template-search__search{
display: none;
}

See if this looks ok to you. The website visitor should still be able to search for any product from the navigation bar up top.

banned
Zqdo
Shopify Partner
803 32 63

@FUN-tography I saw you marked my answer as a solution. Is everything working well for you now?

banned