Solved

How to overwrite product variants

rviparmar18
Shopify Partner
23 0 9

Hi 

I have created a CSV to add products and Update if products exist.
Products have variations and I want to update variations.

can you guys help me with how to create CSV that variation will update for the existing product?

I want to remove old variations and add new ones.

below are old variations

rviparmar18_0-1631269294899.png

I want to update it and add like below

rviparmar18_1-1631269372694.png

Sample Product CSV

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SDd9tr7skw9WTPPP_FMaMvtnPlF3DkbnnJz4Pc10O7w/edit#gid=0

Thank you

Ravi Parmar
Accepted Solution (1)
Ava
Shopify Staff
1161 78 197

This is an accepted solution.

Hey again, @rviparmar18!

Just so I'm sure what you mean; you've followed the steps above, and the products are not being overwritten by the updated CVS file? That is odd if this is the case, ticking the overwrite button in the admin while importing the CSV should make sure that any products that have the same handle will be replaced by the updated CSV file. Could you outline the steps you've taken throughout the process of updating? It will give me a better idea of what's going on here so I can help you resolve things! 

I have made a video walkthrough here of the steps you can take here to overwrite those product options. This is how I exported/updated/imported 1 product in my test store, so this will give you an idea of how to do this! I only changed two options, but you can select all instances of the option that say 70cm and change it to 70cm x 15cm.

Let me know how you get on!

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Ava
Shopify Staff
1161 78 197

Hey, @rviparmar18!

You can do this by hitting the 'overwrite existing products' when you go to import your CSV file back into the admin. When you import the updated CSV file, you can click Import here:

10-22-30649-30083

then you can tick this box that will overwrite exiting products:

10-23-95073-97991

This means that any changes you make in the CSV file will now be imported into the admin, and will overwrite your old products. There is more information here on how overwriting products via CSV files works! 

Have you decided to re-brand, and sell different products? Or are you just selling different versions of the same products? I'd love to know ow more about your plans for your business!

Speak soon!

Ava

rviparmar18
Shopify Partner
23 0 9

Hi @Ava

It's not overwritten my current variations.

I want to overwrite 70cm to 70cm x 51cm

Ravi Parmar
Ava
Shopify Staff
1161 78 197

This is an accepted solution.

Hey again, @rviparmar18!

Just so I'm sure what you mean; you've followed the steps above, and the products are not being overwritten by the updated CVS file? That is odd if this is the case, ticking the overwrite button in the admin while importing the CSV should make sure that any products that have the same handle will be replaced by the updated CSV file. Could you outline the steps you've taken throughout the process of updating? It will give me a better idea of what's going on here so I can help you resolve things! 

I have made a video walkthrough here of the steps you can take here to overwrite those product options. This is how I exported/updated/imported 1 product in my test store, so this will give you an idea of how to do this! I only changed two options, but you can select all instances of the option that say 70cm and change it to 70cm x 15cm.

Let me know how you get on!

Ava