How to permanently close and delete store?

MGrips
Visitor
1 0 0

I closed my store to retire and I noticed Shopify stores my data for 2 years.  I'd prefer to have all data completely removed/deleted from the site.  Is there a way to do this?

Thank you,

Charles

Replies 5 (5)

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hey, @MGrips.

Thank you for reaching out and posting this question!

I understand you're looking to close your store and have the data completely removed. We can definitely put a request to have your store and data purged. However, this will require accessing your account and this isn't something that we can do via the Shopify Community. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support here, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. To get in touch with our Support team, please visit the Shopify Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request.

If you have any feedback for us, don't hesitate to let me know. Also, may I ask why you're closing your store? 

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Cleopatra
Visitor
3 0 0

I have closed the store but did not delete anything prior. I also did not delete the domain from shopify. How can i do now ? Thank you

Cleopatra
Visitor
3 0 0

Elias you don’t answer any question with that. Going to your help center is leading people around in circles without getting any positive result….

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hey, @Cleopatra.

Thanks for joining the thread.

If you need to delete the data from your shop, then you can reactivate your shop to do that or you can request to have the data purged with our Support team. If you're looking to connect your domain to a different Shopify store, then you can also do that by contacting our Support team. However, if your not connecting your domain to another Shopify store, then you can simply request the data to be purged as well.

If you're going in circles on the Shopify Help Center, then it's likely that you didn't complete a search before clicking the "Get support" button at the bottom of the page. To get around this, simply enter a search (can be anything) before clicking the button and you'll be able to access the contact methods mentioned above. 

Just to confirm, are you looking to connect your domain to a different Shopify store?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Cleopatra
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi Elias

sorry i take that back. I managed to get help from support via live chat. All clarified.

thank you and also the live chat !