Solved

How to re-send Ready for Pickup Notification?

TeaChestHI-BD
Tourist
6 0 8

Hello everyone,

Is there a way to re-send these notifications like Order Confirmations? There is no button for Ready for Pickup notifications. If it's not possible at the moment, I would like to suggest this as a possible future feature request.

I have customers who sometimes forget about their order for a month or more and I have to send personal emails to remind them. A re-send button in the Order Timeline would be much easier.

Thank you for any help.

Aloha, Ben

Accepted Solution (1)

Nia
Shopify Staff (Retired)
537 38 77

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @!

Re-sending the "Ready for pickup" notifications is a feature that isn't available in the Shopify admin yet, however we can definitely pass this feedback on to our developers who can look at implementing this in the future. I can definitely see the benefits of having this functionality be made available so I appreciate your feedback. The current workaround is to manually send an email to your customers which you're already doing. I would recommend keeping an eye on our Shopify Changelog so you can stay up to date with the new features we roll out!

Nia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 16 (16)

Nia
Shopify Staff (Retired)
537 38 77

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @!

Re-sending the "Ready for pickup" notifications is a feature that isn't available in the Shopify admin yet, however we can definitely pass this feedback on to our developers who can look at implementing this in the future. I can definitely see the benefits of having this functionality be made available so I appreciate your feedback. The current workaround is to manually send an email to your customers which you're already doing. I would recommend keeping an eye on our Shopify Changelog so you can stay up to date with the new features we roll out!

TeaChestHI-BD
Tourist
6 0 8

Thank you @Nia ! Have a great week! Mahalo from the Aloha State!

Ben

Nia
Shopify Staff (Retired)
537 38 77

No worries Ben! Enjoy the rest of your week!

Catsionson
Shopify Partner
16 0 4

Regarding the "pickup resend notification", in my interface (in order timeline) there is such a button but it is "grayed out", not functioning. Is it something wrong with me or is this function still unimplemented by the Shopify engine? (It's been 2+years since this comment has been written).

Thanks.

smellymelly
Visitor
2 0 17

This really needs to be integrated into this. There is no point in resending the order confirmation which is allowed. the pick up notification is more important, especially if there are changes to the pick up information. We then have to manually email each customer the new pick up details. VERY frustrating when this should streamline the ordering and pick up methods.

karilynae
Excursionist
13 0 35

Yes, we also need a way to re-send the ready for pickup email to remind customers when its been over a few days.  Should be a simple button that can be added into the POS app.

Briana_S20
Visitor
1 0 15

Would be great if this was implemented. I see its been almost a year since this has been recommended and I still don't see a fix. Please help us out and save us time by having a resend email/text option. 

Rympleridge
Tourist
3 0 6

I would love to see this as well. Right now I have to go out of Shopify and send a private notice. Defeats the purpose since you can resend order confirmation. 

sb7928
Visitor
1 0 3

Hi Nia,

This feature is still needed - any plans to add it?

CDRess
Shopify Partner
27 0 25

I'm wondering, too! Seems like it should be a simple add and very functional. 

CDRess
Shopify Partner
27 0 25

Why is this option greyed out on the app? It seems like the functionality exists but isn't working? 

Screenshot_20230824_130140_Shopify.jpg

PSNecommerce
Excursionist
11 1 12

I am looking to do the exact same thing - would be hugely valuable - to remind customers to come get their stuff  after 3 days - 7 days etc. 

!  Any solutions here (after 2+ years on the initial request) on how to automate this?

Haidii
Visitor
1 0 3

Common now, we need this option, also we need pick up reminder`???!

PSNecommerce
Excursionist
11 1 12

YES WE DO!

smellymelly
Visitor
2 0 17
How

trc210
Visitor
1 0 5

It's completely asinine that this is not an existing feature! It is much more difficult for store staff to have to manually write and send an email. Why this is not a function at the touch of a button within the POS App is beyond my thinking. This is an extremely basic & easily anticipated function!