How to remove or edit old domain names in Shopify?

How to remove or edit old domain names in Shopify?

staccreates
5 0 0

Hi. Not sure if this is in the right spot. I recently transferred my domain to Shopify and everything is working correctly. However under my domains in Shopify, it still shows the numbers.myshopify.com (this was from when I first signed up)

How do I remove that?

In a lot of the apps I use, it has that for the store name and I am not sure to edit or remove itScreenshot 2024-02-09 at 9.04.39 PM.png

Replies 5 (5)

Taknify
Shopify Partner
202 14 25

I believe you can't change that. Shopify adds that number to make your store unique and to identify. I would reach out to Support and ask, but pretty sure you can't change it now. 

Need to tweak your store a bit? Come and visit us at Taknify or send me message.
staccreates
5 0 0

Ok thank you. I thought the numbers would go away once I transferred my domain over. I will contact them

j_knupp
Shopify Partner
7 0 0

This is correct.  That's the unique "ID" for your Shopify store.  It won't ever go a way.  You can just assign your "real" domain name as the Primary address for the store (which it looks like you did).

That number is necessary for all sorts of things (Partner access is just one) so you want to keep it around.  🙂

weichalpacaleo
Visitor
1 0 0

Bildschirmfoto 2024-07-04 um 09.39.18.png

I know i am late to the party, but i am searching for the same problem and from another store in my company i know, that it is possible. I just did not figure out how. Here is a screenshot from a shop that is already live and got rid of the numeric domain...
Maybe someone could help.

Taknify
Shopify Partner
202 14 25

That's because they may have transferred the store on a new one. I can help you do that and setup the domains as well. 
Just DM me the url of the store. 

Taknify

Need to tweak your store a bit? Come and visit us at Taknify or send me message.