Solved

How to remove stores from your account

rierie
Visitor
1 0 2

I have 3 old stores that are past the trial period I decided not to open, and 1 active store.  I cannot figure out how to permanently remove the 3 old stores from my account?  When I try to enter the account in hopes of deleting them, I can't go anywhere without opting to buy a monthly package.  Help!?!

Accepted Solution (1)
Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

This is an accepted solution.

@Niqueggggg It looks like we’ll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

In order to save some time, and help the Support Advisor you speak with to pick up from where you and I have left off, I am going to provide you with a summary of the issue as I understand it. You can share this summary at the beginning of your conversation with the agent to bring you both up to speed and help to get your answers as quickly as possible.

Issue Summary: Permanent removal of an account from your login credentials

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 38 (38)

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

Hey, @rierie!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

Frozen or canceled stores will not be accessible, but the store names are still linked to you if you've used the same email address to open them. If you're no longer going to need the data from those store accounts and don't plan on coming back to them in the future for anything at all, we can look into taking care of the removal of these accounts. 

I've gone ahead and sent you an email. Once we get you securely authenticated, I can take a look at resolving the old accounts situation for you!

I'm happy to help!

Santos85
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey,

I have the same issue with the store that I didn't go ahead with it and I left the shop close. But then I opened I new shop with the same domain, but now the naked domain is liked that old shop and I am not allowed to redirect this naked domain to my www. domain. I don't remember which email I was using with that old site. Can someone from Shopify help me here, please? Thanks a lot. 

biggylavic
Visitor
1 0 0

I have to delete one of my store but HOWWWWW?

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

@OAHandmade @biggylavic please refer to the solution post from February of this year for this thread.

TaniaT
Visitor
1 0 4

Hello Lilithi,

I have a similar issue.

I by mistake created 3 shopify accounts but I only using 1.

It annoys me that every time I connect with my email account i get asked to pick the "store".

The names are very similar and i do get confused sometimes.

How can i delete my 2 other stores?

Thank you,

Tania

OAHandmade
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello how are you? I also have this same issue. Thank you so much for your help 

DB72
Visitor
1 0 0

Did you get a response on this? I've raised couple of queries on the same with helpdesk but not response.

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

@DB72 were you able to review the solution to this topic? 

M-onogram
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Lilith

I am having the same issue. I am trying to open the Instagram option in my new store however it directs to the old store.

Can you help resolve please

Pot3bic
Visitor
1 0 1

I also want to remove the old stores

osamanw
Excursionist
19 0 4

Dear Lilith , 

kindly post your email or any other email so people with similar issues can reach you or anyone from your team .

thanx ...

jeny
Visitor
1 0 0

I have the same problem.

jono3
Tourist
3 0 1

Had a similar problem. The risk of signing up for a trial is, that if you don't go live before the trial ends, and your account expires, the shop name you used for your trial can never be used again.

I signed up for a store years ago, with the name I wanted. Then, life changed, and I had to put my store on hold. Now, a few years later, I am ready to open the store again, except I can't. The store is now unavailable, and the email I used to sign up cannot be used to reactivate the store.

Without thinking about this, I signed up AGAIN, with the next best store name, BUT I will not be ready to launch/pay before the trial ends, so now it appears I will lose this store name too.

If you are just trying to learn how Shopify works, via a free trial, sign up with a name you never want to use for real, incase the trial expires - this way, you are not burning your desired store name.

osamanw
Excursionist
19 0 4

from what i am seeing since i joined shopify , they have the worst support .

i posted many issues that i ran into when making my store , and still no response , 

i am seriously exploring other ecommerce alternatives with better support .

this pandemic has nothing to do with the bad support , it is only an excuse for their lack of careness , they have no escaltion method no feedback

to customers , nothing that shows that this a proffesional support .

Hoodcartel
Visitor
1 0 0

That's a lot of b***bleep**. Every time I asked support, they always answered promptly. Care to mention, they even decided to fix the issue I was having om my behalf. But maybe you're addressing the issue in the wrong way. Being rude to them isn't helping either, you get me?

cannon2020
Tourist
3 0 7

I am in the same position as many have posted here - an old client store that is closed but still remains as a store in my partner dashboard. I had tried everything, the last being I removed myself from the users on that store and asked the client to close out their account. I am still seeing that store show up.

Can you direct me to someone who can handle this on the backend to remove it? I understand your chat support is no longer accessible during the crisis so this is the only option for help.

linda_jc247
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi Lilith! I have an old store that is past the trial period that I decided not to open, and 1 current active store.  I cannot figure out how to permanently remove the old store from my account? Also, trying to connect social media pages to my current opened store and I am unable to because its associated with the old store. When I try to enter the account in hopes of deleting it, I can't go anywhere without opting to buy a monthly package. Please Help!!

Thanks!

-Linda

dR12
Visitor
2 0 0

How do I remove associated shopify stores from my account?

dR12
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi, I have the same issues. How can I do it without any support from the customers service because it has been awhile waiting for a reply. Thanks

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

@dR12 you'll need to contact our advisors. There isn't a way to do this yourself as mentioned in my reply to the OP.

They're available 24/7 via 4 easy mediums: callback, live chat, email, and social media.

If you're having a challenge finding how to contact the live callback or live chat team please use the following steps to help you get there:

1. Head to our contact page question section and login to your store.

2. Once you've logged in, you'll be prompted to ask about a topic:

alt

3. Doing this will present you with links to relevant pages on our Help Center to help resolve your situation. There's also an option to contact us directly if you weren't able to find a solution in the help guides and need further help:

alt

4. Clicking on this button at the bottom will then present you with the different support options available at that particular moment:

alt

5. If you don't yet have a Shopify store or are unable to login, you can choose the "Continue without logging in" option at the start and continue through the same

GeorgeJugo
Visitor
2 0 0

I cannot remove my account either.  I have been trying for a couple of months and keep getting a monthly bill.  I was planning on keep on trying the services with different stores, but I am a little hesitant now.  Doesn't Shopify think this is a problem that would reduce customers confidence in the service?

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

HI, @GeorgeJugo. The situation you're describing sounds like it might be more related to a subscription you haven't successfully canceled yet. This thread is more about the stores linked to the Shopify ID.

What I recommend for you is to make sure that you cancel your subscription using the steps shown in our help center. As soon as you've followed the steps there, your account will stop charging for future monthly subscriptions. Be sure to not miss a step to ensure that you've successfully closed off the account.

Let me know if you get stuck along the way with this!

Niqueggggg
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi can you help with removing my store names ?

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

This is an accepted solution.

@Niqueggggg It looks like we’ll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

In order to save some time, and help the Support Advisor you speak with to pick up from where you and I have left off, I am going to provide you with a summary of the issue as I understand it. You can share this summary at the beginning of your conversation with the agent to bring you both up to speed and help to get your answers as quickly as possible.

Issue Summary: Permanent removal of an account from your login credentials

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

thebeautybrov
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello

I would like to remove a store that is currently frozen and it tells me to choose a plan. I don't want any plan.

Can you please assist?

Thanks

ksuwik
Visitor
2 0 0

Customer support says that you "just have to wait 2 years" and voila, the inactive accounts will be gone 😄

That's the official solution, folks. Just wait a bit or use another email address.

cameron2000
6 0 0

Hey Lilith! I am having a similar issue with removing inactive stores from the past, how do I remove them? If you could help me out, that would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

Hi, @cameron2000! To securely have someone support you, you can use the steps here to get authenticated and speak with a live support member.

OAHandmade
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello how are you? I have the same issue. I'm trying to delete an inactive shop from my account.

Thank you so much!

AaliyahA21
Visitor
1 0 0

Can you send it to me? I want mine removed as well 

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

@AaliyahA21 Please refer to the marked solution post in this thread. Thanks!

bonie
Visitor
1 0 0

I would also like to close and remove 2 stores. Can you help? 

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

@bonie  Please refer to the marked solution post in this thread. Thanks!

Yolande2
Visitor
1 0 0

Good day Can you please help me as well, also need deleting stores please

Limitlessboy7
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi,

I have the same issue. How can you help me out?

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

@dddd88888 I wanted to point you to the solution on the thread here to help you out.

Tale14
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi @Lilith ,

i have the same problem - i would like to delete a store, but don't know how...

could you help me?

Thanks

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

@Tale14 Thanks for the post on the thread here. Because this is a public space I won't be able to authenticate you to review your store or accounts, but you can follow the steps here in my solution post to this thread. It will give you the steps to connect with our 24/7 live support team to securely authenticate you and assist with your request.