How to replace the order confirmation email

drippystore
2 0 1

i have a dropshipping store, and i want to replace the order confirmation email with another email which it tells the customer to wait until i check if the product is available or sold out

Thank you

Reply 1 (1)
Moira
Shopify Staff
480 72 81

Hey @drippystore,

You can customize your email notifications by adding a logo or changing the color scheme for all templates at once. You can also edit the content of email or SMS notifications individually.

To customize your order confirmation email, head to your Settings > Notifications > Order Notification:

noti.gif

Notifications sent out from your store are rendered using Liquid, which is Shopify's simple, easy-to-use programming language. Unless you want to code your HTML email template from scratch, I’d suggest reaching out for help via the community here on our forums, or you can also hire a Shopify Expert to do your customizations for you.

For further guidance, take a look at our Notification help docs below:

Customizing Shopify email notifications is a frequent request from merchants who are looking to optimize their communications with customers, and can be one of the easiest methods to personalize a Shopify store. Carefully designed emails are a powerful tool for communication, enabling clients to add a personal touch at different points of the purchase journey, and can be an extra valuable tool during busy shopping events like BFCM.

As you're working on your confirmation emails, you may be interested in learning about email marketing which can be one of the most effective and profitable marketing channels. I've attached the course below so you can learn more about how this can benefit your business:

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog