Solved

How To Request Subscription Refund

oohweetshirts
Visitor
3 0 0

@Andrew 

Need answers on how to go about applying for an account subscription refund. My account has been inactive for over 4-5 months. I honestly forgot about it because I'm trying to get my main business back up and running due to being severally impacted from the lock down. I can't find on the site anywhere on how to contact customer service to shut down my account and request a subscription refund. Please help. 

Accepted Solution (1)

Summer
Shopify Staff
1293 316 222

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @oohweetshirts!

While we don't provide refunds as per our Terms of Service, we're happy to look into the possibility of making an exception in this case. In order to do so, we'll need to access your account. We’re unable to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, but our support team will be happy to continue assisting you. Please visit our Help Center to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

Summer | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 19 (19)

ReturnPrime
Shopify Partner
438 63 102

Hi @oohweetshirts 

Shopify does not refund the amount of the subscription according to their policy. I suggest you to clear the due amounts before closing the account. 

You can connect with Shopify support team using this link:-

https://help.shopify.com/en/

Here you will find the live chat option.

Cheers!!

Harish

Return Prime

oohweetshirts
Visitor
3 0 0

I've seen through the community search that Shopify has granted subscription refund. So, I wonder if that has happened then why is that the case. I deactivated/closed down my Shopify account a day after they charged my account, especially since my account has been inactive for several months. Thanks for the response though, I will try the support team link. Hopefully it's not a link loop that leads to not being able to speak with someone.

oohweetshirts
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi, @ReturnPrime 

I clicked on the link you provide, and as I thought it's just an endless loop to the Shopify Help Center page with no live chat option, I've been searching for hours for a live chat link, to at least speak with someone from Shopify Customer Service. Is there a specific link to the live chat or where do I find it on the Shopify Help Center page?

Thanks,

Cleo

Summer
Shopify Staff
1293 316 222

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @oohweetshirts!

While we don't provide refunds as per our Terms of Service, we're happy to look into the possibility of making an exception in this case. In order to do so, we'll need to access your account. We’re unable to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, but our support team will be happy to continue assisting you. Please visit our Help Center to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

ibrander
Visitor
1 0 0

Can you send me an email, please?
I want to delete my account and refund my subscription cause I don't use Shopify and my profile isn't complete already.

Please Help.

Summer
Shopify Staff
1293 316 222

Hey, @Ibrander! Welcome to Shopify Community! 

I understand you wish to close your store. If you're only after a break and are still open to selling in the future, you might want to consider going on the Pause and Build plan instead. This plan allows you to continue working on your store at a reduced cost of $9 USD per month. Customers won't be able to place orders, but you can keep your store open for them to be able to continue browsing. You can go on the Pause and Build plan by following the steps on this page.

If you've decided your entrepreneurial journey has come to an end, you can proceed with cancelling your store by following a few simple steps in your admin:

1. In your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Plan.
  2. Click Deactivate store.
  3. If applicable, then review the options to switch to the Pause and build plan, or start a new store.
  4. If you still want to deactivate, then click Deactivate store.
  5. Select a reason for the deactivation, and then click Continue.
  6. Enter your password, and then click Deactivate now.

Please keep in mind your information will be kept for two years so you can reactivate your store within that time frame by logging into your admin to pick up where you left off.

As mentioned in my response to the original poster, if you would like us to look into the possibility of a subscription refund, we are unable to send you an email about this, but you can create a support ticket by visiting our Help Center.

vamsikrish
4 0 0

how to create ticket , i dont see any option, i have deactivted my store even before the billing date, but i still got charged, please refund me. i dont want any subscription

vamsikrish
4 0 0

and i was inactive for months, still i deactivated few days before my trial ends, but still i got charged. please arrange a refund

Summer
Shopify Staff
1293 316 222

Hey, @Vamsikrish! Welcome to Shopify Community!

I'd love to help you out. If you're still being charged after deactivating your store, there's a possibility that either the deactivation was unsuccessful or you have a different store that's currently active. Have you double-checked that the subscription was successfully cancelled? If you haven't, you can try logging into your admin. If you're prompted to select a plan, it means it's closed.

If you find out that your store is indeed closed, I suggest checking if you have other stores that you may have accidentally created and forgotten about. You can use this store recovery tool for that. Simply enter all your email addresses and you will receive an email with store information if any of the emails are associated with any stores. If an active store exists, you can log in and deactivate it.

If you are unable to find any active stores, you can create a support ticket so our support team can trace the invoice and stop the charge. You can follow the steps below to get in touch with them.

1. Visit our Help Center.
  2. Chat with the AI assistant and enter "account concern."
  3. Click Chat with a Support Advisor as shown on this screenshot.

Let me know if you have trouble creating a support ticket and I'll help you further!

vamsikrish
4 0 0

shopify.png

It is showing like this, i have deactivated store few days before my renewal, can u please help me get refund,  i am not that tech savy

Summer
Shopify Staff
1293 316 222

Thanks for double-checking if your store is deactivated, @Vamsikrish. As mentioned in my last reply, the next step is to create a support ticket. This is so our support team can trace the invoice and stop the charges. Please refer to it for the steps on getting in touch with our support team. If you have trouble doing so, please let me know what's preventing you from creating a support ticket and I'll help you further. 

vamsikrish
4 0 0

there is no option to create support ticket, please help me with that

Seb220
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, I am having trouble finding the help ticket. I am in a similar predicament… I never ever use this store and I recently got charged $360+ Tax for a yearly subscription I DO NOT USE. Can you help me request a refund? 

Summer
Shopify Staff
1293 316 222

Hey, @Seb220! Welcome to Shopify Community!

I'd love to help you out. To stop the charges in your account, it's important to properly close your store. Please note that even if you don't actively use or log into your store, it is still considered active as the tools and website remain accessible. Follow the steps below to deactivate your store:

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Plan.
  2. Click Deactivate store.
  3. If applicable, then review the options to switch to the Pause and build plan, or start a new store.
  4. If you still want to deactivate, then click Deactivate store.
  5. Select a reason for the deactivation, and then click Continue.
  6. Enter your password, and then click Deactivate now.

As mentioned in my initial reply to this post, we do not provide refunds as per Section 5.10 of our Terms of Service. However, our support team can look into the possibility of making an exception. You may create a support ticket after deactivating your store so we can determine if a refund is possible in this case. Feel free to refer to the instructions below to reach our support team.

1. Visit our Help Center.
  3. Click Chat with a Support Advisor as shown on this screenshot.

Let me know if you still have trouble creating a support ticket and I'll be happy to help you further.

Kdbush959
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello summer I seem to be having the same issue as these other folks, I had gotten a free subscription however my guarding refused to assist me in setting up the payment methods so I forgot about it and I got a charge today for 400 dollars and I have been inactive for 3 months I’m 17 and I really need the money back. Could you please email me when you get the time.

Summer
Shopify Staff
1293 316 222

Hey, @Kdbush959! Welcome to Shopify Community!

As mentioned in my reply above, we don't provide refunds as per our Terms of Service, but we'd be happy to look into your request. If you haven't done so yet, please deactivate your store by following the steps on this page. Then, you can create a support ticket to request a refund. Feel free to refer to the steps below to get in touch with a support advisor!

1. Visit our Help Center.
  3. Click Chat with a Support Advisor as shown on this screenshot.

If you need assistance with anything else, don't hesitate to create a new post. We're here to help!

f73e4a-69
4 0 0

Hey I want to ask you about Shopify subscription for 1 year I want refund why you cut 60 $ even don’t send any mail or message why  and how is this possible you can’t refund ? Tell me reason ? 

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2335 454 397

Hey @f73e4a-69.

Thanks for reaching out on this thread.

Since we do not have access to any billing information regarding stores or accounts from the Community forums, we are unable to view the specifics. In this case, I encourage you to reach out to our live support by navigating to the Help Center.

When you arrive at the Help Center, you will need to let the virtual assistant be aware that you would like to Speak with support and you will be connected with a Support Advisor accordingly. 

Let us know if you have any questions.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 

orage
Visitor
1 0 0

hey, 
Please help me no one is helping me. my money got deducted for an account I don't even use. please help me