Solved

How to see which customer spent most in a month?

Birchmen
Tourist
4 0 1

I'd like to be able to see which customer spent the most in a given time period, say a month.

I can filter customers by date purchased, but it shows their lifetime spend, not spending within that month.

I can also filter orders by date, but it won't combine multiple orders from the same customer.

Is there a basic way to see a list of customers that ordered in a month and sort it by how much they each spent?

I'm on Basic Shopify, so perhaps that report isn't available.

Does anyone know an app that would do this? Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (2)

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Birchmen

Welcome to the Shopify Community. Since you're on the Basic plan, you don't have access to the Sales by customer name report, which would allow you to view this information quite easily. This report shows a breakdown of sales by customer name, including number of orders, and total sales over a chosen time period. All sales reports are accessible if you have the Shopify plan or higher. 

If upgrading to the Shopify plan doesn't make sense for your business at this time, I'd be happy to suggest a couple app options that should give you access to this information: 

Let us know how this goes, and if you find a great alternate option. Out of curiosity, are you working on a customer loyalty program? 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

CloudlabGeorge
Excursionist
18 2 8

Hey Birchmen, 

Just so you know, we also have this exact data available for you in our free app, Report Toaster: 
https://apps.shopify.com/report-toaster

Hopefully this helps, but feel free to give us a shout if you need assistance in getting setup. 
Thanks, 
George  

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

Hi, @Birchmen

Welcome to the Shopify Community. Since you're on the Basic plan, you don't have access to the Sales by customer name report, which would allow you to view this information quite easily. This report shows a breakdown of sales by customer name, including number of orders, and total sales over a chosen time period. All sales reports are accessible if you have the Shopify plan or higher. 

If upgrading to the Shopify plan doesn't make sense for your business at this time, I'd be happy to suggest a couple app options that should give you access to this information: 

Let us know how this goes, and if you find a great alternate option. Out of curiosity, are you working on a customer loyalty program? 

Birchmen
Tourist
4 0 1

Thank you. I figured it was something like that, as otherwise it should be obvious.

I'll look into some of those apps as I don't need the upgrade quite yet.

I'm not doing a loyalty thing so much as a raffle/contest. Something like Viral Sweep might work, but is ridiculously expensive.

Appreciate your answer.

CloudlabGeorge
Excursionist
18 2 8

Hey Birchmen, 

Just so you know, we also have this exact data available for you in our free app, Report Toaster: 
https://apps.shopify.com/report-toaster

Hopefully this helps, but feel free to give us a shout if you need assistance in getting setup. 
Thanks, 
George  

Birchmen
Tourist
4 0 1

Wow, thanks. I will definitely check it out.

Birchmen
Tourist
4 0 1

For anyone else who sees this in the future... Report Toaster works AMAZING. Got exactly the report I needed in a single click. Also provides the ability to customize which columns are shown and vastly simplify the data presentation. Export worked well too. Did everything I needed. And FREE.

Thanks so much for the recommendation CloudLabGeorge.

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

Thanks for your reply and for updating the thread for other users who may have the same question. Glad to hear you've found a solution that worked for you!

We do have a blog post on online contests if you're interested - hope the contest goes well!