How to sell in person courses

fran502
1 0 0

I'm a newby to shopify and looking for resources on how I would list and sell in person training courses (alongside other products).

I will be offering a number of different courses. A course will have an upper limit for number of attendees e.g. max of 12 people. It will also have a fixed date, but maybe repeated multiple times within a month.

Ideally I would have a page that lists the courses available (with reviews against courses) and then a drill down page into the individual dates for a chosen course which would allow you to purchase.

Are there any recommendations on approach, or pointers to material that I could read on how to setup?

0 Likes
Ivy
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
159 23 21

Hi there @fran502  - thanks for reaching out with this great question.

We have lots of stores that use Shopify to sell services such as courses. The easiest way to do this is to use something like customer accounts allowing for login to courses or digital products access, Customers can book their own lessons and class passes using the Appointment Booking app at the time of purchase. Recurring Memberships is a great option for courses too.

This blog post: 12 Things to Sell on Shopify (Other than Physical Products) gives an excellent overview of what to expect when creating a store like this. I also wanted to highlight this Shopify store that is selling online fitness courses and doing a really great job at it, a good source of inspiration.

I hope this helps as a good kicking off point for your new store! Congratulations and best of luck in your venture - Ivy 

Ivy | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes