How to set up the discount code "buy over xx€ and get a free gift"?

neon_leader
1 0 0

Hi community!

I would like to create a discount code (not an automatic discount) that allows the customer to get a specific free gift if the total purchase exceeds 50€. 

Anyone knows how I can set this up?

Thanks in advance!

Leon

0 Likes
Summer
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
87 14 18

Hey, @neon_leader!

This is Summer from the Social Care team at Shopify. Welcome to Shopify Community!

The Buy X Get Y discount code would be perfect for this setup. We have a general guide on creating this discount on this page, but I've also outlined the steps to achieve the specific Buy X Get Y setup you need below.

1. In your Shopify admin, go to Discounts.
  2. Click Create discount and select Discount code.
  3. Enter the code under the Discount code text box.
  4. Select Buy X Get Y under the Types section.
  5. Under the Customer spends section:
    • Select Minimum purchase amount
    • Enter 50€ under Amount or any minimum spending amount
    • Select whether this would apply to any items from Specific products or Specific collections
      • Click browse to select the specific products or collections. If you want this to apply to all products, you can create a collection and add all your products to it by following this guide.
  6. Under the Customer gets section:
    • Enter the quantity of the free item
    • Select whether the free item(s) is/are Specific product(s) or from Specific collection(s)
      • Click browse to select the specific products or collections
    • Since they get the item for free if they spend the minimum amount, select Free under At a discounted value
  7. If you wish you can set a maximum number of uses per order by checking this checkbox.
  8. Select whether you would like this to be eligible to everyone, specific groups of customers, or specific customers under the Customer eligibility section.
  9. If you want to limit its usage, you can check Limit number of times this discount can be used in total or Limit to one use per customer or both under the Usage limits section.
  10. You can select a specific start date and time, and end date and time under the Active dates section.
  11. Review the Summary on the upper right-hand side, and make necessary adjustments if needed.
  12. Click Save discount code.

Your discount code is then ready. Please note your customers need to enter the code during checkout to receive the discount, and they also need to add the free item to the cart. If you would like the free item to be added to the cart automatically, an app would be needed for this setup. You can check out EasyGift: Auto Add to Cart.

To share this discount with customers, you may send the discount code via email or display it on your website. This will inform your existing customers about the code. Additionally, you can share the discount code through an ad campaign as an opportunity to draw visitors to your store. If you're not running any ad campaigns or you are but need a way to optimize them, I suggest having a look at the free social media marketing courses on our Shopify Compass page. We've got a lot of guides on advertising on different platforms, so make sure you spread this discount far and wide to attract sales.

I hope this helps! Don't hesitate to respond to this post if you have questions about the discount code or your store.

Summer | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes