How To Stop Referrer Spam

Albert_Colomina
5 0 0

I am having troubles with Refereal Spam in my webpage.

www.proudfreak.com

It is messing with my Referal information and makes data more difficult to analyze.

How do I avoid Robots and Spiders from Referrer Spam in Shopify?

Thank you!

Albert

Replies 6 (6)
Josh_Uebergang
Shopify Expert
801 23 198

Albert, where are you seeing the referral spam? If it's in Google Analytics, follow my guide to block referral spam for Shopify. There are a variety of things you can do like using a higher number tracking ID, stopping other websites from loading your analytics ID, and blocking spam bots.

If it's spam in Shopify's analytics, that is harder because it is their propriertary system you cannot influence. You can contact their support sharing the spam and it's possible they will escalate it.

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping
Rodolfo_Arpia
Excursionist
21 0 6

I found the information on this thread to be very useful. Thanks!

What expression should I use to exclude this: flamingo-apps.vercel.app

Thanks again!

Longshanks_the_
1 0 0

Was there ever a resolution to the vercel-apps exclusions? We're seeing thousands of daily sessions in our Shopify and Google analytics and would like to exclude it.

Fred_McKinnon1
2 0 0

Same here - that "flamingo-apps.vercel.app " is destroying my analytics, conversion rate, etc ... I want to block those people from even visiting my Shopify site - I don't even know who/what they are, but we only market in the United States, and now we're getting 2x the traffic from the Philippines, Kenya, etc,. than our USA traffic.

JonWright
Shopify Partner
771 110 332

Have you tried using a blocking app? This is the cheapest one I could find https://apps.shopify.com/users-block-redirect-ultimate but there are plenty of others.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
Owner of Neuralcandy Shopify Agency
Fred_McKinnon1
2 0 0

Thanks JonWright, just installed it and blocked the IP from that referral URL. 
I've read that even with blocking apps, they run simultaneously as Shopify Analytics, so that even though they may block the traffic, Shopify Analytics may continue to show it.