How to Ungroup Product Variants

Mayur_R
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

Hello,

I am responsible for managing the data on our website, but I'm facing an issue where all our products are now grouped together. I have attached a screenshot for reference. Additionally, I am unable to amend the quantity of the products as I used to. Now, I have to click on the item, which brings up another section, and then click on the item again to amend the quantity. This process is quite cumbersome.

The last change made before the grouping was by a member of the marketing team who converted all our simple products to variants. The CSV import he used did not have any information that would cause this issue. The import only included the ID, Title, Option1 Name, Option1 Value, and Variant ID.

Can anyone help me ungroup all these items? The total number of products is 5200. 

Mayur_R_0-1709072484277.png

CSV 

Mayur_R_1-1709072521971.png

Replies 5 (5)

Mayur_R
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

bump anyone? 😞 

Shay
Shopify Staff
2840 442 578

Hey @Mayur_R 

Thank you for the screenshots of what you are seeing currently. I am a bit confused as to what the issue is that you are trying to resolve. From the first image, showing the list of items in your admin, I see the parent item and then nested under it is the variant for that item. 

This is expected behavior based on how you uploaded these items. You noted you intended to turn your "simple products" into variants. Can you explain in more details what you mean by that and what you were wanting as an end result? Thanks!

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Mayur_R
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

Hello Shay,

I apologize for the delay in responding.

To clarify, I meant that the grouping is nested. I am unable to find any options on the spreadsheet that could nest my products, and I would like to un-nest them to return to the default view, please. 

I am referring to single products that do not have any variants. In such cases, we have added a variant (sold by) to convert them.

Shay
Shopify Staff
2840 442 578

Thanks for following up on this @Mayur_R. I am still not sure what you are wanting the end result to be based on the information you have shared so far. 

Can you share a screenshot of one of these products in the format you want them to appear as compared to how they are appearing now? If I can see one example of what you are aiming to do, that will really help me troubleshoot this with you. 

You can also connect with our authenticated support team in our Help Center for further assistance in real time as well. To access our authenticated support, please follow this link: Shopify Help Center. Open the AI chat window and type "Contact Support" to get started. 

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Mayur_R
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

Hello Shay,

I apologize for the delay in responding.

See screenshots. Right now, it's Nested, and I want it unnested as per Shopify's DEFAULT View. It was never like that. 

So I want a way to revert this. 

For your information, I had to photoshop te un-nested view. 

Thanks

Nested.pngUn-nested.png