How to upload images from google drive via .csv file to Shopify

petar_artemoda
Shopify Partner
1 0 1

Hi guys,

Do you know how to upload product image from google drive to Shopify via csv. file?

When I upload .csv file with link of image on google drive reports this error.

Media upload failed - Image: File extension doesn't match the format of the file.

Thank you in advance.

Replies 4 (4)

Aument
Excursionist
34 0 9

I think you could get around it by downloading the file to your computer, then uploading to Shopify. Hope this helps!

Want more store sales, return customers, site conversions?
Try Aument free: apps.shopify.com/aument-platform

Blair
Shopify Staff
1813 253 219

Hey @petar_artemoda,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I'm happy to provide some assistance with uploading images to the CSV file to get this resolved. To prepare images for upload, I recommend checking out our Using CSV Files Documentation as it touches on those details.

It outlines however, that images must be available on an existing website and have a URL associated with them. To achieve this, you can:

• Upload the images from your computer to your Shopify Store or another image hosting site. This will ensure a URL is generated and can be copied into the CSV file. 

• If you're switching to Shopify from another platform, then you can copy the current image URLs and use them in the CSV file.

If you have attempted the outline steps above and are still receiving an error please Contact Support to allow us to investigate further. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Blair | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

tanmaykejriwal
Shopify Partner
59 1 5

Here is the solution to your problem 

https://apps.shopify.com/compress-files?

tanmaykejriwal_0-1679696127779.png

TK

movsumov
Shopify Partner
57 1 21

You can use the Smart Bulk Image Upload app to automate the image upload process from Google Drive.

https://apps.shopify.com/smart-image-upload