Solved

Why am I encountering HTTP error 431 on my Shopify store?

Nedal76
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi there!

Several hours ago it was impossible for me to access the store, as it gives the following message: 

This page isn’t working

If the problem persists, contact the site owner.

HTTP ERROR 431
Can you help me, please?

Nedal76_0-1629351496116.png

Accepted Solutions (2)

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Nedal76!

Luna here from Shopify. Thanks for reaching out in our Community forums. I’m sorry to hear you’ve been experiencing difficulties accessing your store. Rest assured, we will get to the bottom of this together. 

To gather some more context, is this still a consistent ongoing issue or does it occur sporadically? Currently, the Shopify Status page is not reporting any no known outages. 

Based on the information you shared, it sounds like this may be a browser-specific issue. Does this persist on another device? If not, I recommend:

Please let me know if the error persists on multiple devices and/or after clearing your cache. 

Talk soon,

Luna | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hey, @Fantoga.

I'm really happy to hear that the issue was resolved for you. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to reach back out.

Warmly, 

View solution in original post

Replies 21 (21)

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hey, @Nedal76!

Luna here from Shopify. Thanks for reaching out in our Community forums. I’m sorry to hear you’ve been experiencing difficulties accessing your store. Rest assured, we will get to the bottom of this together. 

To gather some more context, is this still a consistent ongoing issue or does it occur sporadically? Currently, the Shopify Status page is not reporting any no known outages. 

Based on the information you shared, it sounds like this may be a browser-specific issue. Does this persist on another device? If not, I recommend:

Please let me know if the error persists on multiple devices and/or after clearing your cache. 

Talk soon,

Nedal76
Tourist
4 0 0

Thank you very much, the site is working now

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hi, @Nedal76

I'm so happy to hear that! Please don't hesitate to reach back out if you need anything else, happy to help.

Take care, 

Fantoga
Visitor
1 0 0

Thank you, Luna (and OP for posting the issue). Clearing cache and cookies worked here too.

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hey, @Fantoga.

I'm really happy to hear that the issue was resolved for you. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to reach back out.

Warmly, 

surebonder
Visitor
2 0 0

This page isn’t working

If the problem continues, contact the site owner.

HTTP ERROR 431

I have cleared my cache 8 times today, and rebooted 4 times. I still get this error! I even rebooted my internet connection. Please help
Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hey, @surebonder.

I'm sorry to hear that you're facing a similar issue with this error message. Is this happening on multiple devices/browsers? If possible, can you please try logging in on your mobile device to see if you are getting that same error (HTTP ERROR 431)? May I also ask which browser you are using (chrome, safari, etc)? 

Let me know how that goes,

surebonder
Visitor
2 0 0
Hi Luna:

I am currently signed in. Tomorrow may be different. I will advise you. At
this point, I am not even sure of my password, because during all of the
difficulty yesterday, I was asked to change my password.
Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hi, @surebonder.

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm happy to hear that you have access to your account currently. Please keep me posted and we can continue to work on this together if anything else comes up.

All the best, 

Trina_Affleck
Tourist
3 0 7

Hi Luna,

We have been experiencing the same Error 431 issue. Clearing the browser cache works, but I have had to do the same procedure a couple of times now on the same machine. It only affects one computer in our store and they all use Chrome browser.
I was hoping there might be a more permanent solution or explanation from the shopify tech people why this might be happening ?

Thanks for your help !

NoName30
Excursionist
21 0 10

Having the exact same problem.  Only one computer having the problem with only Chrome.  Was able to log in with Edge.

eeeee
Visitor
1 0 0

I'm having the same issue. can't get on to our main store on my desktop but can access other stores and can access the main on mobile - cleared cache, restarted browser & computer - same issue. 

NoName30
Excursionist
21 0 10

Hope you were able to get it going. 

I had no problem if  I used Edge as the browser.  And after clearing the cache and making sure I had no firewalls or pop-up blockers on Chrome, I was able to use it again.

Snowf1ake
Visitor
1 0 0

I am having the same problem with an HTTP ERROR 431 but I have cleared my cache and cookies and restarted my desktop and it is still happening - I can't access my Shopify site

azazo
Visitor
2 0 0

Facing same problem

azazo down.PNG

azazo
Visitor
2 0 0

anyone thar can help me out @Nedal76  @Shopify @ShopifyStore 

NoName30
Excursionist
21 0 10

Did you try what worked for me a few months ago:
"I had no problem if  I used Edge as the browser.  And after clearing the cache and making sure I had no firewalls or pop-up blockers on Chrome, I was able to use it again."

Our problem existed when only working on Chrome.  So we tried Edge and had no issue.

Went back to chrome and after clearing the cache and ensuring there was no firewalls or pop-up blockers, we were able to use it.  Haven't had a problem since.

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hey, @azazo.

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear you're facing a similar issue. I'm here to help! Before we begin, may I ask if you have already tried these steps? 

Oftentimes, clearing the cache of the browser where you're seeing the error will do the trick. Please let me know how that goes for you.

Talk soon, 

Happypaul
Visitor
1 0 0

Bonjour j’ai le mème probleme et cela ne fonctionne pas 

Humza1
Visitor
1 0 0

Pleas help me now

Jameswalter
9 0 0

The HTTP 431 Request Header Fields Too Large response status code indicates that the server refuses to process the request because the request's HTTP headers are too long. The request may be resubmitted after reducing the size of the request headers.

Regards,
James