I Can't Connect My Facebook Page To Shopify

Alexis_Duranti
Visitor
1 0 6

Hello everybody,

After installing my pixel facebook on my website, I tried to connect it to my facebook buisness page. The problem is that when I click on the "Connect Account" Button in the Facebook Marketing App settings, I get this error message : " There was a problem with Facebook login. Refresh this page and try again. "

Of course even after refreshing the page, it still doesn't work.

Does anybody have a clue about what I messed up ?

Thanks in advance,

Alexis

Replies 223 (223)
Ana_Buendia
Excursionist
17 0 6

I Agree ...

@fuqkshpify wrote:

I think we are at the point where we have to raise hell until it hits them where it hurts - the bank. Until they start losing money, they will leave the issue as it is. As of right now they can sit comfortably because of their buyout of Oberlo. Nothing else works as seamlessly. That said, they cannot expect to charge us 30 a month with a major ongoing issue. Lets be real, facebook knows the world and as such they are the best bet at driving traffic to your store. This feature needs to ducking work.

galarche
Visitor
2 0 4
I actually just wanted to be able to use my shop option for my Instagram
account that's what's really important to me but it seems as if I can't use
my instagram shop without having my facebook connected. Which sucks smh.
Thank you for letting me know about their system being down. I hope that
you can find a solution and fast. Good luck.
NyanzaLynn
Tourist
4 0 29
That was my purpose of the integration of the FB to use the Instagram product features. Most of my time there is where I am on IG and where most of my traffic comes from.
ExoticBear
Excursionist
20 0 6

hI i HAVE 3 STORES

NO FACEBOOK PAGES THAT WILL CONNECT....I CREATED THEM

NO INSTAGRAM TO CONNECT..I CREATED IT 1200 FOLLOWERS

MY FB ACCOUNT DOES'NT OWN THESE PAGES BUT I MADE THEM ON MY ONLY PERSONAL FB ACCT

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP !

ExoticBear
Excursionist
20 0 6

OR THOUGHTS OF LEAVING SHOPIFY AND MOVING TO A MORE CONDUSIVE TO SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM ?

SHOPIFY IS RATED ONLY 3RD IN ECOMMERCE PLATFORMS !

NEW NAME-------NO FACEBOOK SHOP........IFY

manieredefaire
Tourist
7 0 2

Hi Flo,

i am desperately trying to contact shopify support without success, their online chat has disappeared. I am experiencing the same issue and have been trying to fix it for days but can’t do. The Facebook disconnects minutes after reconnecting it.

could you please tell me how did you contact Shopify? 

thanks in advance - Fleur

enchantresslux
Tourist
4 0 2
Hello,
I opened the page up in a different browser. Originally I was trying to
connect through google chrome and then I opened the page in safari (I have
a MacBook) and it worked just fine. Apparently it has something to do with
the cookies in the browser.
cerberus
Visitor
1 0 2

@NyanzaLynn wrote:

Have been up for over 6 hours now, trying to get my FB to connect with Shopify account.  I worked with the Tech person name Yaac, and I followed instructions that was suggested in the community by Sunny. I am still unsuccessful. What do I do now?  Help me please.  Screen Shot 2019-07-27 at 4.38.53 AM.png. Please help me rectify this issue. 

I found what was the problem for me.

I have admin rights with 'custom' role on my page and this probably what caused the problem.

There is no option for me to edit my role but I have my wife with proper admin role on this page. I used her credentials to connect spotify to facebook and it worked.

Ourlosangeles
Visitor
1 0 0
NO Facebook Found! - I get this message when I try and add my brand page to create a Facebook Shop. It’s my page and I’m admin but it won’t allow me to connect to it? Please help
BellesHearts
Tourist
3 0 0
I’m having this EXACT issue and it’s driving me crazy! Been working on it since yesterday and I’m no further forward... 😩
astroman
Tourist
6 0 3

on the "page roles" page, not the "business settings" admin, who is the admin? Are you listed here or under 'custom'?

CaliValentine
Visitor
1 0 0

I kept trying to connect on my MAC and it would not allow me to. I literally went through every step that someone would post. If you are on a Mac try connecting from Google Chrome! It worked instantly for me

Katie_COBO
Visitor
1 0 0

We are having the same issue, someone please address this!

Nadia2020
Tourist
4 0 1
Download the shopify app and try it that way, it was the only way it worked for me.

Kimwheels
Visitor
3 0 0
Very frustrated! It keeps telling me I’m not an admin of my page 🤦🏻‍♀️. I tried connecting both admins and both don’t work. If I can’t get this to work I cannot keep Shopify
mountainhollow
Excursionist
13 0 5
I found a way around it. Let’s see if it helps you.  I needed to make my husband an admin on my Facebook page.  Then he needed to log into Facebook and make me an admin. Although I thought I was an admin, Facebook had me as a manager and creator of the page, not admin. Once my husband formally made me an admin, I had no issues. Hope this helps. 
Kimwheels
Visitor
3 0 0
Ugh I tried this too! After about two seconds on both of us it tells me it’s disconnected from Facebook and I need to be an admin 🤦🏻‍♀️. We both are and still it doesn’t work
ExoticBear
Excursionist
20 0 6

I gave up today ! I closed my 3 stores. Since I started in Aug I have had no consistent Facebook Shop or Instagram integration. Nothing works. Zero help from shopify experts( lol) . I tried everything, this is a deep technical integration problem that shopify cannot solve, they will keep billing you no matter what !

SilMeister
Tourist
4 0 2

100% WORKING FIX FOR FIREFOX USERS (DONT KNOW ABOUT OTHER BROWSERS) DO THIS:

1. DISCONNECT ACCOUNT FROM SHOPIFY FACEBOOK SHOP SALE CHANNEL

2. LOGOUT FROM FACEBOOK

3. SWITCH BROWSER TO GOOGLE CHROME

4. LOG IN TO YOUR SHOPIFY

5. CONNECT TO FACEBOOK FROM SHOPIFY FB SHOP SALE CHANNEL

IT SHOULD WORK NOW

ED_DEMIRCI
Visitor
3 0 0

works for sure!!!  thx..

100% WORKING FIX FOR FIREFOX USERS (DONT KNOW ABOUT OTHER BROWSERS) DO THIS:

1. DISCONNECT ACCOUNT FROM SHOPIFY FACEBOOK SHOP SALE CHANNEL

2. LOGOUT FROM FACEBOOK

3. SWITCH BROWSER TO GOOGLE CHROME

4. LOG IN TO YOUR SHOPIFY

5. CONNECT TO FACEBOOK FROM SHOPIFY FB SHOP SALE CHANNEL

IT SHOULD WORK NOW

Sambuno
Excursionist
20 0 13

Search for it on youtube

I provide marketing consulting and ecommerce development services. Additionally I can perform store migrations from Magento to Shopify, Wordpress to Shopify, numerous other migrations. You can connect with me here: on Sambuno (my website)

→ No Facebook Page connected - Troubleshooting Connection Fix (Its a Facebook configuration Issue)
zyedgillani
Visitor
1 0 0

i have the same issue ....when u find your solution please inform me aswell !

thanks

AllanaTigwell
Visitor
2 0 2
See the video link. It fixes the issue
lojeannee
Visitor
2 0 2

Has anyone found a solution for this? I am having the same problem and have been at it for 2 days!!! I'm going nuts trying to figure this out. Even on my Facebook page it says its connected but on Shopify I keep getting the same error as Nyanza. 

DinDin
Tourist
3 0 1

@Sambuno wrote:
This will help: https://youtu.be/k2CuBnvUzXU

I found out what is causing the issue and created a screencast, please
share with other people

lojeannee
Visitor
2 0 2
Thank you so much!!!
burbujalocal
Visitor
1 0 1

Could you solve the issue? I'm having the same problem. It used to be synced, so I don't understand what's going on. 

@NyanzaLynn wrote:

Have been up for over 6 hours now, trying to get my FB to connect with Shopify account.  I worked with the Tech person name Yaac, and I followed instructions that was suggested in the community by Sunny. I am still unsuccessful. What do I do now?  Help me please.  Screen Shot 2019-07-27 at 4.38.53 AM.png. Please help me rectify this issue. 

nlfootcare
Tourist
3 0 2

Hello, I am having the exact same issue and error. Has anyone found a way to correct this error? Thanks in advance.

afar
Excursionist
23 2 5

Did you get this issue resolved? Having similar trouble and cant figure it out. Very frustrated. Thanks for any insight.

kwybro
Tourist
4 0 3
Hi!

I would try following the steps listed above in an incognito browser. That workEd for me. However, I would caution you that the Facebook integration isn’t at all what it’s cracked up to be. Facebook’s “shop” tab for your store is nothing more than pictures of your inventory that link our to your website for checkout. Additionally, Facebook recently blocked my website’s URL for unknown reasons and they offer 0 support for getting in touch with them. In short, by choosing to use Facebook, I now am making a new website with a new domain to get around this block. Good luck!
romchy
Shopify Partner
143 0 28

Hi, 

Tell me, what products did you advertise on facebook while it blocked you?

★ Did my post help? If yes, then please like and accept solution. ★

romchy | Application consultant
Feed Product

→ Ask to launch an effective advertising campaign @ Write to WhatsApp 
→ Get Free Guides for Store Sync @ Shopify Feed Product Help Center

→ or Video Help Center Shopify Feed Product
→ Want to get new features? Add Feed product app to your store @ Add app Feed product

Romchy | Application consultant Feed Product

→ Ask to launch an effective advertising campaign @ Write to WhatsApp:
https://chat.whatsapp.com/GOWhsfPriq5K6hgBJJWTNm

→ Get Free Guides for Store Sync @ Shopify Feed Product Help Center:
https://apps.shopify.com/feed-product-facebook-google

→ Want to get new features? Add Feed product app to your store @ Add app Feed product:
kwybro
Tourist
4 0 3

Hi,

I sell Microgreens, which are a type of vegetable. My Facebook page is still active, but my website URL is blocked from being linked to from Facebook or Instagram. Facebook has not provided any reason for why it was blocked, nor any way to contact them about fixing it.

romchy
Shopify Partner
143 0 28

Hi, 

Maybe you have some brands or something else mentioned, or something was not shown in the pictures.
Or perceived as forbidden grass.
It may look like dope or the like.

Read the rules here: https://www.facebook.com/policies/ads#

Feed Product

→ Ask to launch an effective advertising campaign @ Write to WhatsApp 

→ Want to get new features? Add Feed product app to your store @ Add app Feed product

→ Want to get new features? Add Feed product app to your store @ Add app Feed product:
kwybro
Tourist
4 0 3
Hi,

Still no message from Facebook but my website randomly got unblocked and can now be linked on Facebook and Instagram. I’m happy it’s back and working but it’s very disconcerting how much power and how little support Facebook has.
Malikah4321
Tourist
6 0 0

HI 

I am having trouble connecting my FB page and this block keeps popping up. Please advise. 

Thanks 

Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 4.41.25 PM.png

Jsif0321
Tourist
5 0 2

I posted screenshots of the solution a Shopify support person gave me but apparently people can't see it.  I will try again today.  The solution they gave worked.  I can see my screenshots but ... 

@Malikah4321 wrote:

HI 

I am having trouble connecting my FB page and this block keeps popping up. Please advise. 

Thanks 

Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 4.41.25 PM.png

Jsif0321
Tourist
5 0 2

Binder1_Page_1.jpgBinder1_Page_2.jpgBinder1_Page_3.jpgBinder1_Page_4.jpgBinder1_Page_5.jpg

Twinning-gifts
4 0 0

hi i have done exactly what you have instructed but still i cannot connet. this pops up. any advice?Untitled.jpg

romchy
Shopify Partner
143 0 28

Hi, . I am upset by your torment.

Perhaps this will help you:
The Shopify Product-Feed - Facebook Google app has received an awesome update today. You don't need to know programming and you don't need to be a marketer! Now your integration problem is solved in three easy steps. And your advertising campaigns in Facebook Business Manager are "READY" with settings for effective work for your store! Activate it in your store, called: Automatic Setup Of Advertising Campaigns!

Successful customer acquisition)!

Feed Product

→ Ask to launch an effective advertising campaign @ Write to WhatsApp 

→ Want to get new features? Add Feed product app to your store @ Add app Feed product

Kent76
5 0 0

To the companies pushing their apps on here - this is not a sales channel, it is a support channel for support on services that are offered out of the box.  Please stop posting your ads here, as it's clogging up the board for people who actually want the feature fixed.

I think we can all agree no one wants yet another app for something Shopify is supposed to do as part of their subscription fee

rgoay08
Visitor
1 0 1

We have the same issue too

LittleSmiles
Visitor
2 0 5

I spent a few hours figuring this one out.

Solution: Go to your Facebook page, click Settings, then Page Roles on the left hand menu, scroll down and make sure you are an Admin.

If your Role is set to custom, then it won't work. I had to go to Facebook Business (which is not your standard Facebook page):

Go to Users > People
Click on your name, then Click Pages so it is expanded and turn off Manage Jobs, and/or View Earnings which will change the Role to Admin.

I hope this helps 🙂

moonangelbeauty
Visitor
1 0 0

Shopify just walked me through this exact solution, this works! Very strange bug on the Facebook side that removes your admin status if these permissions are granted. Thank you for posting!

Devante
Visitor
2 0 1

Im having the exact same problem please can i have help with this. 
my Facebook page will not connect ive tried all the trouble shoots above and still no joy!

Serenitybarn
Tourist
5 0 2

Yes, tried different browsers and I tried connecting from my phone as well, the last thing I was told by a shopify agent is that I need to pay for a plan in order for Facebook to recognize my shopify account, i did that right away and im still in square one. Not getting any help and not moving forward. 😞

yolic
Visitor
3 0 0
Did you try removing Shopify Facebook and logging all the way out of your
Facebook account. I also deleted my Facebook Business Ads Account and
created everything new.
Serenitybarn
Tourist
5 0 2

Hi, yes  did all of that and nothing!

romchy
Shopify Partner
143 0 28

Hi.

How to connect Shopify and Facebook:

1. Manually by generating an upload file: https://feed-product.com/help_center/how_setup_facebook_catalog_feed.html
2. Automatically: https://feed-product.com/help_center/how_to_activate_automatic_setup_of_advertising_campaigns.html

Cadeau_Futé
Visitor
1 0 3

Dear Sunny,

I can't connect to my Facebook because I see only 8 of my Facebook pages, but the one that I want to connect to Shopify doesn't show up in the list... Do you know how I can make my page to show up?

It happened already on one of my other pages, I had to check my page somewhere on Facebook so Shopify can select it but I really don't remember where it was.

Seems like a recurrent issue.

Thank you

Bad-Thoughts
Tourist
3 0 7

I have spent the past three days on the phone and on chat with Facebook, Shopify, and a paid consultant to help us fix this issue.  It comes down to that Shopify is aware of this issue and does not have a fix for it yet.  So why are we paying for this service when we can't take advantage of what we paid for.  We have an aggressive social media campaign that we can't execute because of this.  We have seasonal apparel now that we will have to hold onto for 8 months and will impact revenue. 

Our company has one core value and that is "Give A **bleep**"  Maybe Shopify should own up to this issue and inform us when it plans to fix it.  I would have appreciated it, so I would have not spent money on a consultant and my time trying to fix something that can't be fixed at this time.