Solved

I can't login on my Mac? Safari downloads a file and does nothing more

jadeloomes
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Shopify,

I can't log in to my Shopify admin from my Mac on Safari. I had one message when I tried to login saying 'allow Shopify to download' I clicked allow and now instead of logging in successfully, when the browser loads I get a blank screen and a stare login file appears in my downloads, the file is empty when I open it. 

What's happened? I have cleared my cache.

Without being able to login via my Mac and access the admin of my store I cannot process any sales. Quick help would be appreciated. 

Thank you,

Jade

Accepted Solution (1)
Shay
Shopify Staff
2780 440 566

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @gianmariacarpi 

Thank you for sharing that you are also experiencing this in the Safari browser. 

If this issue is persisting for you and a full browser cache and cookie clear is not resolving it, I would ask that you please reach out to our live support so that they can assist in escalating this to our Technical Support team. While we're not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, our live support will be happy to continue troubleshooting this issue with you. You can follow the link below to access the contact support options from within our Help Center:

Shopify Help Center - Contact Support

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

-Shay

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 10 (10)

Shay
Shopify Staff
2780 440 566

Hi @jadeloomes 

Thank you for reaching out about this issue. While I am not sure exactly what has caused that to happen, I would ask that you please do a full browser cache and cookie clear on your device as this will resolve issues like this most of the time. 

You can follow the guide I linked above if you are unsure how to do so. If the issue is still persisting after that please reach out to our live support for additional troubleshooting help!

-Shay

steelewright
Visitor
1 0 0

I am still having the same issue after I saw this message: Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 11.35.15 AM.png

Our company's head of IT recommended I use Google Chrome and now I can access my dashboard.

gianmariacarpi
Visitor
1 0 0

I got the same issue. When trying enter from Safari the browser downloads a file. While everything is fine on Chrome. Any guess about how to solve it? Refreshing cache/cookies didn't work.

Shay
Shopify Staff
2780 440 566

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @gianmariacarpi 

Thank you for sharing that you are also experiencing this in the Safari browser. 

If this issue is persisting for you and a full browser cache and cookie clear is not resolving it, I would ask that you please reach out to our live support so that they can assist in escalating this to our Technical Support team. While we're not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, our live support will be happy to continue troubleshooting this issue with you. You can follow the link below to access the contact support options from within our Help Center:

Shopify Help Center - Contact Support

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

-Shay

capocopa
Excursionist
12 1 18

Hi everyone

i had the same issue and i contacted shopify support

the solution that worked for me was just clean cookies of safari..

specifically i just deleted cookies of my website and after that i could login normally

EvelinM
Visitor
1 0 0

Thank you so much for this! I was going crazy about to have a full meltdown! Clearing cookies worked like a charm, crisis over!

CHRISTINA4733
Visitor
2 0 0

i had the same thing happen this morning so I cleared cashe and its still doing it on safari. can someone please help with this problem. 

jadeloomes
Visitor
2 0 0
I ended up having to just use Chrome instead. I hope you find a solution
🙂
bdeaw
Shopify Partner
59 1 55

Had this problem start this week. Clearing all Shopify cookies worked for me.

Dario89
Tourist
6 0 0

I was having this issue this morning and I am still not sure what caused it. Clearing the cache did not help but removing all cookies, local storage and other website related data did work. To do so go to Safari -> Preferences -> Privacy tab. Then click "Manage Website Data". I simply searched for "Shopify" in the search field and then clicked "Remove All". That should fix the issue. I am using Safari version 15 so if you are on an earlier release the steps might be slightly different but it should still work the same. Hope this helps others who find themselves in this annoying situation.