I cannot close my account, no way to contact support, continue on billing me.

michaelbarnes
Visitor
3 0 0

Short story: I need to speak to someone in support, my account registered through contact@lambsquarters.farm in order to close my account. I've created this new account simply to access this forum.

Long story: about 6 months or so ago I received the emails about 2 factor authentication. I informed support at the time that I did not have a smartphone to do it, they sent me some generic instructions which didn't help.

I got busy and wasn't able to figure it out, so eventually when I tried to log in, I was not able to anymore. When I tried to contact support I realized I couldn't because I needed to be logged in, which I can't do. Online chat is all AI now and there are no phone numbers listed.

My business has been non-operational for 6 months, and I have a third party app that continues to bill me monthly, and I desperately need to close the whole shopify account before my annual renewal comes up.

Can someone please help me escape this purgatory? I've never in my life had to endure such poor business practices as to not be able to access a human being and being locked out of my own paid service...

Replies 3 (3)

Shay
Shopify Staff
2652 431 555

Hi @michaelbarnes 

Thank you for reaching out about this and I can definitely appreciate how important it is to get this resolved. 

While our Help Center does have our AI chat assistant, we continue to offer our authenticated support chat to all our merchants. Even if you aren't able to sign in, you should still be able to connect with our support team. 

Make sure you are signed out of the Help Center and then connect with our chat support through the AI chat. You can use the prompt "can't login", like in my screenshot below to get connected. 

06-40-85641-19844

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

michaelbarnes
Visitor
3 0 0

That doesn't work either, when I do that I get the below screen asking me to update my "account details" on this fake account I opened just so I can start this thread that lead me to the same problem. When I even do that and update my fake account, go back to that screen, refresh, it says the same thing... I see you are from the support team. Would it be so hard to verify I have an active account, username contact@lambsquarters.farm, authenticate what I am articulating to you and send me an email to help me close my account? I'm not even asking for a refund of the charges I have been getting for the past 6 months, I just want to get off of this platform, please. 

ETA: if you need another form of authentication, my last billing was Dec 3, charged $10.17 USD for APPS charges (that I'm not using).purgatory.jpg

Shay
Shopify Staff
2652 431 555

Thank you for the screenshot @michaelbarnes 

You will want to clear your browser cache and cookies and ensure you are fully signed out of the Help Center to access our support for account login issues using the steps I shared above. 

You can continue signed into this secondary account, but you are correct that it requires some basic contact information before you can do so. 

When fully signed out of the Help Center you can use the prompts I shared to access our support team without having to login first. 

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog