I cannot seem to find the page to pause my account so I can perform maintenance.

Props2U
Visitor
2 0 0

I have followed the directions and arrived at the "Plan" page and there is no place to PAUSE my account.  Help!

I have tried to attach a jpg, pdfg and a png file, 

Why is there no customer support number?? 

Replies 2 (2)
Props2U
Visitor
2 0 0
Is there no contact number for support? There is nothing that says pause
or cancel account in the "billing" page...

Victoria
Shopify Staff
2093 148 247

Hi, @Props2U.

Thanks for reaching out to the Shopify Community.

@Niyeepo has shared some great tips when it comes to pausing your account. When pausing your account you're able to have access to your Shopify admin, access basic reports and view your storefront. However, you're not able to access your online store's checkout, POS, discounts, abandoned checkout recovery, gift cards or third-party integrations. Therefore your customers will not be able to complete a purchase and access the checkout.

I understand that when navigating to your Settings > Plan page, you're not able to see the option to pause your account. Not to worry as I'll share steps and screenshots below to guide you to this section.  

How to pause your store and continue to work on it:

• Navigate to your Shopify admin > Settings > Plan section.
  • Click Deactivate store > Pause and build plan.

• On the following page, carefully review the plan details, and then click Switch to Pause and build.

• Please note: Your store will be paused and running for a reduced subscription fee. If you want to start selling products again, then you can reopen your store at any time by choosing a new plan.
  • Check out our pausing or deactivating your store resource for more information.

Lastly, you mentioned that you're not able to locate our support contact options. If you'd like to connect with our support team for further assistance, you can create a support request via the Shopify Help Center. To speed up the process, I'll share the steps for you below.

How to contact Shopify Support:

• Head over to the Shopify Help Center and log into your store.
  • From the topics provided, select Account > Pause or close your store.
  • Scroll to the very bottom of the page where you'll see our support contact options under Get Support.
  • Please note: If the Request a Callback button is unavailable, keep checking back as it will show once there is room in the phone queue to offer support.

Feel free to share additional questions you may have. I'll be happy to take a look.

Victoria | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog