Can I pause my subscription without losing my account settings?

TECHcharger
Excursionist
17 0 5

Hello, I want to ask if I can stop my subscription for a period, but have an account (not to lose anything on it, the website and other settings) and to be able to renew it when I want?

TECHcharger
Replies 3 (3)

Blair
Shopify Staff
1855 253 223

Hi @TECHcharger,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I'm happy to provide some assistance with temporarily closing  down your shop for a short period of time. To confirm I'm fully understanding, are you looking to deactivate the shop or simply pause it?

Currently, we offer a plan called Pause and Build that will allow you to step away for a period of time at a reduced rate. This allows you to continue running your shop, where you will have access to the Shopify admin. It also provides customers with access to the online storefront, where they will be able to browse but will not be able to check out. For more information, I recommend checking out our Pausing or Deactivating Your Store documentation. 

To make this switch, you can:

• Have the account owner log into the shop. 
  • From the Shopify admin, select Settings > Plan. 
  • Click Deactivate store > Pause and build plan.

• Carefully review the plan details, and then click Switch to Pause and build.

If however, you don't want to run your online store anymore, you can deactivate it at any time. After you deactivate your store, you won't have access to your Shopify admin. If you want to log back in, then you will have to enter your credit card details and reactivate your store.

To deactivate your shop, you can: 

• From your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Plan.

• Click Deactivate store.

• If applicable, review the options to switch to the Pause and build plan, or start a new store.

• If you still want to deactivate, then click Deactivate store.

• Select a reason for the deactivation, and then click Continue.

• Enter your password, and then click Deactivate now.

It's important to note that you can still re-open your store at any time. The shop's information is guaranteed for 2 years.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. 

Blair | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

TECHcharger
Excursionist
17 0 5

I have 1 month left of my shopify basic pack, that whit 1$ for/month for 3 months, and i have 1 month left. I want to pause my billing cycle and start it in some time, but whit the 1$ month left.

TECHcharger
Blair
Shopify Staff
1855 253 223

Hi @TECHcharger,

Thank you for the prompt response! 

To share some additional context, trail periods are offered to you as a way to test out the platform and ensure it's right for your business needs. Once you begin the trial period, it's unable to be paused or renewed at a later date. 

While I can completely understand how that may not be ideal, you can look into selecting a paid plan once your trial period has been completed. This will allow you to then switch over to our Pause and Build plan and step away at a reduced cost. 

Please let me know if you have any other concerns. 

Blair | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog