Solved

I have USA's address and bank account

Asjad
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi 

very hope fully i wana ask , 

i am living in Saudi arabia and i  have usa's address and bank account number but i dont have ssn or ein or tax number. And i opened a shopify store in usa.  Can you please help me to activate shopify payments for my store. Beacause its already too late. 

Regards

Accepted Solution (1)

Shay
Shopify Staff
2830 442 576

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Asjad 

Thank you for reaching out about this. I know that being able to use Shopify Payments as your integrated payment gateway would be very beneficial for you. I'm happy to share with you what is required in order to have your business reviewed for that opportunity.

In order for us to mitigate the risk of fraud we have very strict rules in place on who can use Shopify Payments and who is eligible for a review to use Shopify Payments. For an international business owner like yourself, who is running their business from outside of their own country, will be asked to provide at the minimum:

• Government issued photo ID (driver's license, passport, etc. - non-US ID may be accepted)
  • A Tax ID in the United States:
    1. EIN if the merchant is LLC/Corp
    2. SSN if merchant is Sole Proprietor
  • Business registration document (Registered in the US with the government)
  • Proof that the business is actually operating from the US. This can include tracking showing they are shipping from the US or proof of a physical US address (not a forwarding address)
  • A USD checking account, opened with a real US banking institution, located on US soil. Virtual banks and currency services will not work for this, it has to be a real US bank

Depending on the information provided and the nature of the business our business operations team may ask for additional documentation. There is no way around this, this information is mandatory for all businesses using Shopify Payments. 

Let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

Shay
Shopify Staff
2830 442 576

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Asjad 

Thank you for reaching out about this. I know that being able to use Shopify Payments as your integrated payment gateway would be very beneficial for you. I'm happy to share with you what is required in order to have your business reviewed for that opportunity.

In order for us to mitigate the risk of fraud we have very strict rules in place on who can use Shopify Payments and who is eligible for a review to use Shopify Payments. For an international business owner like yourself, who is running their business from outside of their own country, will be asked to provide at the minimum:

• Government issued photo ID (driver's license, passport, etc. - non-US ID may be accepted)
  • A Tax ID in the United States:
    1. EIN if the merchant is LLC/Corp
    2. SSN if merchant is Sole Proprietor
  • Business registration document (Registered in the US with the government)
  • Proof that the business is actually operating from the US. This can include tracking showing they are shipping from the US or proof of a physical US address (not a forwarding address)
  • A USD checking account, opened with a real US banking institution, located on US soil. Virtual banks and currency services will not work for this, it has to be a real US bank

Depending on the information provided and the nature of the business our business operations team may ask for additional documentation. There is no way around this, this information is mandatory for all businesses using Shopify Payments. 

Let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog