I no longer want to have my website on shopify how can I integrate it into square space?

matthewskt
2 0 0

Hi,

i find the shopify templates too restricting and I want to move my webstie to squarespace. Do I need to buy for the shopify button to do this or is there another way? I already pay $29 / month for shopify. 

Thanks,

KAtie 

0 Likes
Hyde
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1044 114 189

Hi @matthewskt,

Hyde here from Shopify.

I'm sorry to hear that you feel Shopify does not meet your customization needs! Are you aware that we've started rolling out our Online Store 2.0?

If not, I'd highly recommend that you check it out before deciding to swap platforms. This is because we've ramped up our theme editor considerably in line with Shopify's mission to make commerce better for everyone.

If you're still certain you want to switch to Squarespace while using Shopify's Buy Button, then you'll want to follow our Shopify Buy Button guide. Of course, you'll need to check that Squarespace will tolerate Shopify's Buy Button being embedded in its coding too!

On Shopify's side, you will be able to downgrade your plan from the Shopify Basic Plan you're currently on at $29 to the Shopify Lite Plan at $9 in which you lose the Online Store but can continue to use the store admin.

Was there something in particular that you felt was missing? I'd love to get your feedback to pass on to our developers so that we can continue to improve our product offering!

All the best, Hyde. 

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
matthewskt
2 0 0

hi Hyde,

Thanks for you message. Shopify 2.0 sounds like exactly what I am looking for! How do I start using it? Basically my issue was that the templates were too restrictive and I wanted all pages to be editable like the homepage. 

Thanks,

Katie

0 Likes
Hyde
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1044 114 189

That's great to hear! You'll be pleased to know that Online 2.0 gives you the same flexibility when customizing your pages that you had with the homepage. 

You can upgrade to Online Store 2.0 in several ways:

Of course, don't forget these considerations when updating your theme. I hope this all helps! -Hyde

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes